Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im new to the whole ZX11 bike thing i guess you would say. I have been into cars and what not for awhile but i wanted soemthing with better gas mileage so i bought an 81 honda CB750 to ride back and forth to school. since then i have taken apart and right now im in the fun process of lacing the rims (very sarcastic) and im rebuilding it to be a cafe racer (picture of some of the parts below). While i was working on it i decided i wanted an early 90's big displacement bike. Found a `91 ZX11, did some research, and bought it (picture below) as you can tell it's missing the lower cowl, but im going to cut some of the upper cowl (where the holes are) and round off the edge so it looks like nothing was ever there. I am also yellwoing out the headlight and changing all of the pinkish color to satin black to match my CB when it's done. Would also like to do something with the tail section, not a big fan of the "star trek" look. Is there any other rears that will bolt up to it or an aftermarket on i can look at? i REALLY like the GXSR rear tail with just the 2 LED's and intergrated lights, hoping there is somthing out there for the ZX11.
Thanks
Shep

·
Registered
449 Posts
Welcome bro! Sweet bike. I'm new also but I gotta say... I love that shot of your rows of tools and box's ( I used to wrench myself) It throws me back, AH~the rusty and broken bolts the nightmares the JOY!

·
Registered
208 Posts
My brother had one just like it, and he made it really trick with just a new paint job. All black made the rear really look badass. So consider a trick paint job.

Have you seen the ZX11 all painted up like a fighter jet? I think it was on the other forum, BigBikeWorld.com, but probably here too, about 2 or 3 years ago. You're new so of course you wouldn't of seen it, duh. Well, it was really trick. Anybody got a pic of that thing? The U.S.ZX11? THAT was badass!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts