Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I just took my bike in and got new Michelin pilot pures 2ct's on my bike, and while it was in decided to go ahead and let them change my chain and sprockets out also, went with a -1/+1, and let me tell you, am I happy I did! Its awesome, so much grip in my corners with a ton of pull coming out! I recommend doing these things to anyone who hasnt with their bikes! Just be careful the first few times you punch the throttle!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hm... just realized that putting in a + 1 side by side does that little guy haha!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whats a -1/+1?
And since you dont know, its changing the front sprocket down 1 tooth, and the back one up 1 tooth, it gives you the power on your bike at lower speeds, so your bike will be more jumpy, but at the same time you lose some of your top end.

·
Registered
37 Posts
And since you dont know, its changing the front sprocket down 1 tooth, and the back one up 1 tooth, it gives you the power on your bike at lower speeds, so your bike will be more jumpy, but at the same time you lose some of your top end.
Thats what i was asking low end power or top lol thank you

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
-1 and + 2 on mine for 2 weeks now. front wheel power ups on tap now....

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
I love my -1/+2, don't think I would want anouther 6 any other way.
You guys putting speedo healers on or just going to let it ride?
Just my .02 due it. If ever need to sell, your miles won't be so high, and knowing how fast your actually going is more comforting then guessing, but that's just me.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I prefer -1 and stock rear. I just feel like going +2 on the rear lowers the top end way too much and I prefer not running 10k at 55mph. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I prefer -1 and stock rear. I just feel like going +2 on the rear lowers the top end way too much and I prefer not running 10k at 55mph. Just my .02
yea man i agree i have plus 1 on the rear and i couldnt see my self going any bigger

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Not sure if it could be the difference in years, but I run about 75, gear six, 8k.
I don't find it that bad.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would say your bike will top out about 120mph. I have -1 and stock rear I top out at 148mph gps confirmed.
Id say thats a bit off, just yesterday I hit 148 on my speedo, its not adjusted yet, but I know its not 28 mph off from that, and also they say youll only lose about 10% on that setup, Bikes original top speed is what, 168? account for the miles, maybe lost max of 5%? that equals 143 mph. And whats more, is I was only part way after shifting into 5th gear when my speedo tapped 148, I have the exhaust and filter on mine, so that helps a little, but not too much. The weight saved from that and taking my servo off was nice, and I removed my passenger rearsets and did the jumper mod. but theoretically, stock with the -1/+ 1 he should be able to still hit 143.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not sure if it could be the difference in years, but I run about 75, gear six, 8k.
I don't find it that bad.
Yeah, I agree, Im only hitting about 7k rpms at 75.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts