Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got new Michelin Pilot Power CT2, Brand new rode it back home so they don't have much miles on the new treads, the previous owner recommended to scrub them, and I looked them up and most say to ride in a parking lot. What should I scrub with?

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Nothing, don't worry about it. If you don't know what it is, you don't ride at a level that it matters. Just ride the bike.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
once u get 100 miles on it your good. take it easy in the corners until then but you will be fine. like squid said just ride.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Find yourself an empty parking lot, and do some tight loops in it, leaning your bike while doing a circle. If you have gear with pucks in the knees.... drag em..... if not, you can still drag your knees and just follow the red trail on the next loop. :)
I usually just take mine out on a ride........

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just do a good burnout and get all of the back tire lol jk scrubbing them mean taking the crap they have on them to pop out of the tire mold off of ur tire. So soap n water with light grit sand paper. Or u can just go out n ride an easy on the throttle and gradually lean the bike farther as you ride. Unless it super aggressive u shouldn't hafta worry much

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The burnout one might be out of the question, and too much for my wallet :crackup but i did take a light grit sanding block to the edges and spots i never hit. I could see a color difference and also the feeling so to me I think it worked quite well. The only problem on me in a parking lot, it's hard to find one up here in Maine seeing the salt and sand the shit out of the roads, they dont get much fast pace traffic so the sand stays around :thumbdown

·
Registered
877 Posts
You don't have to "scrub" tires at all. The key is getting them up asking them to perform at 100%. There is no mold release on modern day tires. I've gone all out on brand new tires by lap 2 at the track. In fact, the first heat cycle provides the best traction the tire will ever see which is another reason for using warmers - reduces the number of heat cycles.

http://www.sportrider.com/tips/146_0810_how_to_warm_up_new_tires/index.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts