Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Never had the Hookup before, so I have no way to compare the two. I've been using the Shinko Ultra Soft and I can tell you the Pro feels as soft and sticky as a drag slick (not drag radial).

I'm expecting my launches to be night and day with this tire.

Bought the tire from Walmart.com which came from Chapparal Motorsports at $174.88 shipped. Tire arrived in 2 days :)

Buy yours now.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Truthfully man, I haven't tried one yet but if I were you I would save the money and just get a regular hookup. I will still buy the cheaper hookup and even moved to a 180 last year over a 190. I can't really tell if it made any difference but i run the same pressure on a 180 as I do on a 190. I haven't pushed it with more pressure cause I put it on right before our last 2 races. Either will definitely hook better than a U soft though. You will be fine with the pro but i have heard it doesn't last as long as the regular hookup. I very rarely spin at 10-11 over with a stock shock but i can only run between 9.5-13psi depending on the weather.

I know it will work out for you though. How long is your bike?

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bro. Was thinking about the regular hookup but wanted to see how the new one is. Worst case, I get the hookup once this wears out.

I'm only 6 over with the swing arm extensions and I think +2 on the rear sprocket.

Was going to ask about psi to start since my local track is usually a little slick at times.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Man at only 6 over you should be able to run quite a bit of pressure. The thing about shinko's are, they are heavy. Track prep makes a big difference on how much pressure you can run but you should be able to run at least, if not more pressure than you run in the U soft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts