Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm having some pulsating brake issues, and I suspect the rotors are at hand here after doing some investigating. Tires are new, as are the pads, so I can only deduct that the rotors are warped. I'm going to pick up some new rotors, and was wondering what you all recommend for an upgrade/replacement. I'd like to stay on the cheaper side, but get the best bang for the buck. I should add that I will be doing some track days with these as well. I'm also planning to do a braided stainless line upgrade too, so not sure if that plays a part in the decision.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,206 Posts
Arashi rotors on Fleabay have been getting pretty good reports. If you don't trust the Communist Chinese, you might look into EBC Pro-Lites. Up the line (in price as well as quality) are Galfer and Braking. I had Braking Waves on my ZZR 1200 and have Galfers on the 14.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Arashi rotors on Fleabay have been getting pretty good reports. If you don't trust the Communist Chinese, you might look into EBC Pro-Lites. Up the line (in price as well as quality) are Galfer and Braking. I had Braking Waves on my ZZR 1200 and have Galfers on the 14.
Interesting. I like that price. Is this the right rotor for a US 2008? It only says ZZR 2006-2007, 2008-2009. Not sure what might come into play here for a US ZX 2008.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-ZX...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4845cd94bb&vxp=mtr

·
Premium Member
13,206 Posts

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
I've lucked out so far 18k miles no warpage so far .

·
Registered
937 Posts
So, I'm having some pulsating brake issues, and I suspect the rotors are at hand here after doing some investigating. Tires are new, as are the pads, so I can only deduct that the rotors are warped. I'm going to pick up some new rotors, and was wondering what you all recommend for an upgrade/replacement. I'd like to stay on the cheaper side, but get the best bang for the buck. I should add that I will be doing some track days with these as well. I'm also planning to do a braided stainless line upgrade too, so not sure if that plays a part in the decision.

Thanks!
I just put EBC Contour on my '06 14. I had the same rotors on my ZX-11 and put 30K miles on them, Excellent rotors.

I also used EBC HH pads and put steel Galfer lines on the front.

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/motorcycle...tor/xc_series_fully_floating_disc_rotor.shtml

I bought them from motorcyclesuperstore

1 - 9 of 9 Posts