Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock rotors are going south.major warpage.22k miles. I try to slowly roll at lights whenever I've had to kill the brakes, etc.junk oem.

Time for some new ones. I would like to stay away from the Chinese made stuff!

Anybody bought rotors lately want to chime in? I have been looking on eBay. Man, some of em are quite pricey. I'd like to be under 500 for the front.

EZ, what rotors are you running on the front?

I'm looking at galfer and ebc right now. Leaning toward ebc.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
I would probably lean toward ebc also . I don't have them on my zx but have used them in the past with good results . I'm sure galfer is of good quality also , I think both are better than oem . Some members tried the China rotors but I haven't heard any long term reviews so you might want to stay away form those .

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
18k mi

·
Premium Member
13,207 Posts
I have Galfers, but they came on the bike when I bought it. Thankfully I didn't have to take that hit. EBC are probably just as good and less expen$ive.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have galfers & it was a big difference over stock. You can find better prices through galfer dealers. I picked mine up for 250 a rotor which is almost 1/2 advertised price. I'd spend the $ and go with a ss line line & quality pad while your at it.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for replies. I have the ss lines, probably throw some ebc pads and bearings while I'm at it.

Hope I can run for a while before the new rotors warp. I HATE warped rotors.

·
Registered
937 Posts
My stock rotors are going south.major warpage.22k miles. I try to slowly roll at lights whenever I've had to kill the brakes, etc.junk oem.

Time for some new ones. I would like to stay away from the Chinese made stuff!

Anybody bought rotors lately want to chime in? I have been looking on eBay. Man, some of em are quite pricey. I'd like to be under 500 for the front.

EZ, what rotors are you running on the front?

I'm looking at galfer and ebc right now. Leaning toward ebc.
Mine started a shudder at 20.5K and the pads were very thin. Last Saturday I installed EBC EC rotors, HH pads and Galfer steel lines. I'll bed them this week. I ran these on my ZX-11, excellent brakes. HH Pads grip when they are hot and the discs never warped on the ZX-11.

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/motorcycle...tor/xc_series_fully_floating_disc_rotor.shtml

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have galfers & it was a big difference over stock. You can find better prices through galfer dealers. I picked mine up for 250 a rotor which is almost 1/2 advertised price. I'd spend the $ and go with a ss line line & quality pad while your at it.
Holy cow, where did you find Galfer rotors for $250 a piece? I've been shopping for my GSXR 600 and the best I can find is $450 a piece.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I know there a little more expensive but I dont understand why people always forget about the biggest name in brakes....Brembo!!! hardracing.com you can get 300, 310, 320mm Brembos for under $600, well worth it!Im doing the 320mm with spacers and BAM....brakes that are on par with the best race bikes out there

·
Registered
56 Posts
Holy cow, where did you find Galfer rotors for $250 a piece? I've been shopping for my GSXR 600 and the best I can find is $450 a piece.
There is a shop in my area called redline motorsports pm me and I can give you there info he can prob ship them out to you?

I know there a little more expensive but I dont understand why people always forget about the biggest name in brakes....Brembo!!! hardracing.com you can get 300, 310, 320mm Brembos for under $600, well worth it!Im doing the 320mm with spacers and BAM....brakes that are on par with the best race bikes out there
I haven't forgot :mfclap

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Some members tried the China rotors but I haven't heard any long term reviews so you might want to stay away form those .
Ive got about 8k on my Chinese rotors and so far so good.... No warpage to report...

·
Registered
114 Posts
is zzr1400 front disc rotors suppose to be moving? cause my ones are really not moving ... i know they can be too free like the race bikes but i was thinking they should have some movement?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Thanks for replies. I have the ss lines, probably throw some ebc pads and bearings while I'm at it.

If the rotors are fine don't replace them. I suggest you put EBC HH pads on it. I ran through two sets of EBC HH on my ZX-11 and they are excellent pads. They don't fade and they stop when they are hot!

·
Registered
937 Posts

If the rotors are fine don't replace them. But if you do, the EBC are priced right and they are excellent rotors. For sure put EBC HH pads on it; I ran through two sets of EBC HH on my ZX-11 and they are excellent pads. They don't fade and they stop when they are hot!

I just put a set on my '14 with the EBC rotors/Galfer lines.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts