Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zup, fellas... Just got my 06 636 this year and im starting on doing mods for it. Just wondering for any advice on any mods? Plus if anybody is selling a two brothers exhaust for my bike..Oh and im new at this forum....Tnx

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome to the forum Crimson!

As far as mods go, I'd focus on things that may need to be replaced first. Depending upon your mileage check the sprockets and chain, brake lines and pads, things like that. If everything looks good then its up to you as far as performance or cosmetic mods...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tnx 636warrior..my bike has almost 8k already on the odo..thats pretty much what i first did. I got my local bike shop to do a full maintenance check if you will...replace everything that is wearing down and check the whole bike and make sure its functioning perfectly...I see that you have a full yoshi on your bike. How do you like that exhaust? I've been researching exhausts but youtube vids dont really do much justice to what the exhaust really sound like.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like my full yoshi, it has a nice sounds to it and it isn't too loud either. There are a lot of options out there, I'd suggest getting whatever is in your price range. I personally believe the difference in performance gains between exhausts is minimal, sound is the main difference but then again I don't have any proof to back that either... full exhausts though will almost always sound better than a slip on...

·
Registered
427 Posts
i have a love hate kinda thing for the jardine exhaust.. but if u want the best get a arkapovic or leo vince...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
636 warrior..if i go for a full exhaust can i mix and match headers and exhaust? Coz I'm kinda set on getting a two brothers exhaust but they dont have headers for 05-06 636.

zxrider432..what dont you like about the jardine? i never heard on in person yet, just on videos. I see that alot on forums, saying to go for akra or leo. I heard from a friend of mine that two brothers sounds pretty deep and loud.

Sorry for the newbie questions guys. =)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Do the jumper mod if you havent yet free couple of horsepower and longer pull. Search for it and there will be plenty. Just cost you a wire lol keep in mind full exhaust deff deff power commander or juicebox and I'd say have it dyno tuned unless you use the system that lets you put a wide band O2. And that's about that till u start tinkering. Maybe clean air if ur getting poping from ur aftermarket exhaust. Check out pinebox exhaust too sounds good but only slip on. Been thinking about buying a full system and then using the pinebox slip on lol

·
Registered
427 Posts
i would go with the the exhaust with the best hp rating, not sound... after a while of riding it gets annoying, the jardine on the 05-06s sounds good at low rpm, but once you wot it sounds like a damn kx500 with no silencer

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes, you can mix and match headers and exhausts. If you're set on getting a 2 Bros exhaust save some money and just bolt the slip on to the stock headers. The dual canisters on a 636 look wicked...

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
I'd say akra or yoshi, I love my yoshi and it's only a slip on. Like said earlier the jardines have a broad range of noise, some not sounding too great.
As for other mods ..frame sliders and gear.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yes, you can mix and match headers and exhausts. If you're set on getting a 2 Bros exhaust save some money and just bolt the slip on to the stock headers. The dual canisters on a 636 look wicked...
I was looking at that 2 Bros exhaust for mine, Integrated Tail light, Hyperpro Steering Damper, new chain and sprockets. Don't know where to start though haha.

·
Registered
427 Posts
damper first id say if u ride hard if not then exhaust and jumper mod

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeah so I know I'm going to get a flame thrower shot at me for this but here it goes. Just for the sheer hilarity of it when I was working on my 636 I had the exhaust slip on off (I've got a muzzys full system) and one of my friends had a cherry bomb in his jeep... Yes we really did. I wanted to see how bad it sounded but amazingly it sounded great. So good that I'm actually considering getting 2 mini cherry bombs and welding up a little group of them and painting them black with the high temp paint so it will slip onto the muzzys system in place of the muffler.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
+1 to the maintenance, new tires and fluids will help if they are needed, performance mods have already been discussed. i have a muzzy slip on and i like it, not loud or drone at cruising RPM, nice low rumble, looks good. i am planning on making the bike as clean as possible, fender slim, new windshield, tinted lenses, maybe paint down the road.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yeah so I know I'm going to get a flame thrower shot at me for this but here it goes. Just for the sheer hilarity of it when I was working on my 636 I had the exhaust slip on off (I've got a muzzys full system) and one of my friends had a cherry bomb in his jeep... Yes we really did. I wanted to see how bad it sounded but amazingly it sounded great. So good that I'm actually considering getting 2 mini cherry bombs and welding up a little group of them and painting them black with the high temp paint so it will slip onto the muzzys system in place of the muffler.
if it works, looks,and sounds good then why the hell not... 2 will sound dif than just the one... and dyno will really tell you the difference

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if it works, looks,and sounds good then why the hell not... 2 will sound dif than just the one... and dyno will really tell you the difference
I agree. Test it out. Im kinda interested on how it would end up. hope it works out.!!

Tnx for all the suggestions guys.! Here's what im planning on doing from all the suggestions.

*maintenance-(fluids/etc) already done
*jumper mod-Im researching more into it on how its done and the pros and con
*Slip-on exhaust-i think im going with Akra

So here is the question. I found this guy on ebay selling his akra slip-on. We agreed on the price and it will end up being $300+$15 shipping. It has all the needed hardware for installation and the fix for the FI light. So is this a good buy or not? Is the price reasonable, coz i know brand new akra is $600+.

Oh newbie question-how to check on replies on threads faster. Every time i log in i have to go to the forums-zx6 forums and scroll and look for my thread and check if there is any replies. :lol

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
I would say, puting the exhaust aside, best mods IMO -1/+2 sprocket kit and as brake lines.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Linteau-I know this might sound stupid but, What is the -1/+2 sprocket kit? What is it for and what does it do.?

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Linteau-I know this might sound stupid but, What is the -1/+2 sprocket kit? What is it for and what does it do.?
Oh grasshopper, grasshopper, much to learn. Lol just kidding, I was a noob too.
-1+2 is changing you gear set up on the bike. Stock, if I remember rite is a 15 front sprocket, 43 rear sprocket.
When one changes that, for instance going down one tooth in the front and up two teeth in the rear, it will give the bike more torque. You will be faster on take offs and on the street. However there is a down side, you will loose top end speed. Say, instead of going 160mph, you'll only get to 145 -150.
Your bikes Rpms will run in the higher range as well.
Stick around, search the forum a bit, and you will find all the answers you need.
This is a great forum, and if you can't find what your looking for after the search, just ask. :thumbup

1 - 20 of 21 Posts