Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm Ryan...I did something I always wanted to do but never thought I would be able to or could do. I bought a bike! My GAWD I LOVE IT!! There is so many things that are apart of riding this new guy never even knew were a thing! I haven't any friends who ride so I don't have anyone around me to address these new issues I come across almost daily with! So I was hoping to make a couple friends on here so I could ask them my questions and concerns! And not have a bunch of séasoned riders talk shit to/about me! I want to be a good respectful rider! But more then that I want to remain a living rider not a dead one for laçk of knowledge or skill! Cheers you all, here's to putting myself out there and hopefully making some solid friendships!!
Ryan Wilburn, Carson City, Nevada

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,798 Posts
Hey I'm Ryan...I did something I always wanted to do but never thought I would be able to or could do. I bought a bike! My GAWD I LOVE IT!! There is so many things that are apart of riding this new guy never even knew were a thing! I haven't any friends who ride so I don't have anyone around me to address these new issues I come across almost daily with! So I was hoping to make a couple friends on here so I could ask them my questions and concerns! And not have a bunch of séasoned riders talk shit to/about me! I want to be a good respectful rider! But more then that I want to remain a living rider not a dead one for laçk of knowledge or skill! Cheers you all, here's to putting myself out there and hopefully making some solid friendships!!
Ryan Wilburn, Carson City, Nevada
Welcome to the forums buddy! Check out DanDanTheFireman on YouTube. Watch some of his videos. He reviews other riders accidents and behavior. Real good riding coach. Keeps me in check. Might want to join his discord channel too. People from all over the states are on there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No no bro your not blind, I'm just negligent and didn't say what I got in my first post...I got a 2017 ninja 300...
Remember this is my first bike and I have no one to discuss bike stuff with. I just don't want people to get all mean and start saying nasty stuff to me like I should of been born knowing this stuff and they at one time had to begin too!

·
Premium Member
13,274 Posts
Everybody learns what they know from someone else. The trick is to discern what is bs and what isn't.

I tell all new riders the same thing; Ride as if every other vehicle on the road is piloted by someone who is either blind, drunk or blind drunk. Of course, they all aren't, but watching everyone around you is basic bike safety. I personally like to watch them from a distance. In my mirrors.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Buy the Gear, WEAR THE GEAR!!!

& that includes BOOTS too..... & as Hammer says, ride like every Cager out there gets a discount on their Insurance If THEY CAN KILL YOU.

Ride like that & you will be fine.

Welcome Aboard!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Basically what the others have said. Defensive riding is key. Soon it’ll become second-nature and you won’t even be thinking about it. I do recommend motorcycle training. I attribute a lot of my ability (which I consider to be pretty good) to those courses.

The 300’s are awesome machines. You’ll have a ton of fun on it.

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
More Proficient Motorcycling
Twist of The Wrist
Street Strategies

some handy books to read ... welcome to the road buddy and remember to dress for the slide not the ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts