Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i'd introduce myself here on the forums. I've been reading through the threads for the past 2 weeks. My brother bought a blue 06 636 just this past february. He decided he wanted to move out and get rid of some of his bills so he decided to sell his bike to me. I really really wanted a green one, but the blue will do, it's my second choice. He's already put frame sliders, rear signals integrated into the tail light, flush mount front signals, and a rear seat cowell. I ordered the two bro's exhaust last week and should be here 10/18.06 after that I just want to get a steering stabilizer and i'm set. I can't wait to get the exhaust. Anyway, i got my permit about a month ago, and i'm signed up for the rider course training being held at a local community college in my area. I'm a pretty conservative rider, but i've opened it up a few times and WOW this thing hauls....not to mention this is my first time riding a street bike. I've been watching motorcycle crash videos just to scare me so i don't go crazy on my bike.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
That's a great lookin' 636!! I like it, looks clean and sharp looking!!

haha I laughed at your comment of watchin moto crash videos to keep you scared. just ride your own ride and within your own limits and you'll be alright. ride safe bro...and let's see some pics as u make more changes!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Gorgeous bike man...you lucked out...two questions though. First off just out of curiousity how much did your bro selll you the bike for. And second you said you had just ordered a two bros exhaust for the bike but if im correct it looks to me your bro already installed a yoshi pipe on your 636. Frankly if thats true why waste the money on a two bros cause yoshi cans make dreams come true. They are freaking amazing. Anyways enough of my rambling and ranting congrats and welcome to the forum Everyone here is good peoples!

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
G'day and welcome, love blue..... my bike is BLU and I love it, that said, I think your paint job is a fair bit better than mine

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tesfayeali1 said:
Gorgeous bike man...you lucked out...two questions though. First off just out of curiousity how much did your bro selll you the bike for. And second you said you had just ordered a two bros exhaust for the bike but if im correct it looks to me your bro already installed a yoshi pipe on your 636. Frankly if thats true why waste the money on a two bros cause yoshi cans make dreams come true. They are freaking amazing. Anyways enough of my rambling and ranting congrats and welcome to the forum Everyone here is good peoples!
I bought it from him for the same price he got it. I know it may sound like a rip off at first, but we actually just added my name to his registration and the bills are still going to his name except i'm paying for it. Two advantages to this: 1. I can only get approved for 80% of the bike's bluebook value which is very low now. 2. He bought gap insurance and if I actually bought it from him (name change, ownership change and all) I would lose the gap insurance.
Plus.... he already did the turn signals, fender eliminator, rear cowel and included all the gear. And I get to help him out. Also, I know that he's taken good care of the bike, so it's not like buying a used bike from someone I don't know.

To answer your second question... that's the stock exhaust you see in that picture (i know it's kinda hard to see) I was thinking about going yoshi and saving some money, but the yoshi looked so much like the stock exhaust and the two bros look really really nice. Plus i got a good deal on the carbon fiber m2 $800.00 factory sealed, brand new.

I actually just got done installing the two bros last night. Pictures will come soon!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts