Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great time at the track last night.

I didn't get my license documentation yet, so I was focused on improving my launch and then shut it down at 1/8 mile.

That didn't work out so well :laugh3:

Track was slick as shit and ended up with my Shinko Ultra Soft at 20psi which is pretty low I think for that tire. Gonna get the hook up once back from vacation. Anyways...

Got in 8 passes last night at Island Dragway in NJ.

6th pass was my latest personal best of 9.70. So I decided to launch at 6k on the next run. Happened to be racing an extended Gixxer 1000 on the 7th pass.

7th pass I backed up the 9.70 with a [email protected] I was beyong stoked since I've been running 9.8's.

Here's the slip.

Just need to get the video up as well.

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Too bad for the gixxer though. Quick bike. Next track day will shoot for sub 9.5 :)

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope. Was going to take one of his classes at Atco but he's not teaching there so far this year. I've watched plenty of his and BGMAGMA's videos though. But nothing like doing it yourself.

Thanks bro.

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man. Appreciate it. Looking forward to the next track day and ordered a new tire.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Awesome job. First time I ever launched a bike against a light, I was scared half to death... had ran Camaro's plenty of times, but when you have to focus on not hitting that asphalt as well as the light, it can rattle your nerves... to make it worse, two runs before my first pass, a guy on a GS1100 smacked the ground right after launch... rattled me up pretty hard... I ran like a 14 or some crap...LOL...got it down to a 10.02 best pass...never broke into the 9's... that is fast.. Congrats bruda

Johnny

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Johnny. There definitely is a technique to the launch especially with a 200hp bike. Hoping for low 9's soon.

·
Premium Member
6,406 Posts
Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts