Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put new front pads on my bike. I went with EBC double H compound. The bike stops almost on a dime, but they are noisey. They constantly sound like they are dragging on the rotors and make a weird noise when you apply the front brake. Is this normal or will it go away?

·
Registered
437 Posts
it will probably go away when they are bedded in, i find the best way to bed them in is go pretty quickly (say 60 - 70 mph) then break hard, let them cool and do it again about 5 or 6 times, should be sorted then

·
Registered
526 Posts
it will probably go away when they are bedded in, i find the best way to bed them in is go pretty quickly (say 60 - 70 mph) then break hard, let them cool and do it again about 5 or 6 times, should be sorted then
Stoppie?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just put the same pads on my 10R last night. Make sure you get some break cleaner and clean your rotors first. When breaking them in do about 5 - 10 30-40 trail breaking to a full stop. These pads bite real quick so be careful other wise you will find yourself doing a stopie. The noise will go away once they are worn in. Have fun!

Sondy

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its been two weeks now...some of the noise has gone away but what noise is still there gets on my nerves. When I heat them up the noise gets louder and when they cool the noise isn't there.:rant

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The disks are smooth, no gouges or anything... Just rode the bike this morning and when the pads heat up, the noise is worse. This is such a nice bike but this problem is pissing me off to the point of not wanting the bike anymore! My dealer put the pads on, so I might take it back to them...:banghead

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll have to check...What do I do if they don't have the copper paste on them? I think they are dry, they squeal alot too. I'm an auto mechanic so I should've just done the work myself. It seems like every time the dealer has my bike, it comes home with problems.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I finally got fed up with those EBC double H pads!!!:thefinger I ordered new pads, this time from Galfer. From what I've heard these EBC pads all have a problem with glazing over in a short period of time... I was told to lightly wet sand my rotors with 400 grit and install the new galfer pads and break them in "lightly" No hard stops!!! I'll have to post how good they are after I get them broke in:crazyloco

·
Registered
437 Posts
No hard stops? after 3 years of racing, thats the best way i found to break em in, however, if a manufacturer tells you to brake hard, and you lose the front end or whatever, he could be held responsible.........no wonder they have said that :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts