Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a used 2000 ZX12R.

I just took it for a test ride and found that the speedometer and odometer weren't working. The previous owner said they were working before he delivered it. I am thinking that maybe something came loose after or before transport. He had routed the tie downs through the handles. I was wondering where I should start looking for loose cable connections.

·
11,782 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Don't know much about the 12 but I'm sure someone will post up with some help for you. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Pickup is not off the front wheel on the 12r. Quickly looked in the manual but couldn't find where it goes off the cluster.

Follow the cable off the cluster and see where it routes to. If it's not disconnected, then unscrew it and see if it broke inside.

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
Pickup is not off the front wheel on the 12r. Quickly looked in the manual but couldn't find where it goes off the cluster.

Follow the cable off the cluster and see where it routes to. If it's not disconnected, then unscrew it and see if it broke inside.
There is no speedo cable.
It's picked up off the front sprocket. Do you have any dash panel functions at all? The instrument panel is on it's own sub-harness that possibly came unplugged.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts