Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just purchased a 04' zx6r. It is my first bike and I must say I am loving every waking moment I am on it. I cant get enough riding time. My first newbie question. And I dont ask alot of them, I do in fact use search alot. Will I have to Jet the carbs or do any other work it I throw just a slip-on on. I know you have to with full exhaust but, If I do then Ill just go full. Thanks in advance and happy riding.

·
Registered
144 Posts
For a fuel injected bike, you will want to get a Power Commander to "remap" your bike to use the correct ratio. It's much more precise (and complicated) than carbs with a jet kit but the outcome is much smoother performance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The '04 zx6r is fuel injected so I don't think ya need to worry to much about the carbs. :cheers
Well I hate to say this. But My bike has a choke on her. :headscratch
And it is an 04 all the paperwork says so. :headscratch . So now im at a lost.
I will get a pic up of my bike.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Some of the first FI bikes had what looked like a choke but it's actually just an idle accelerator. It basicly brings the idle up so you can warm up the bike faster. My buddy's '03 GSXR has one.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Some of the first FI bikes had what looked like a choke but it's actually just an idle accelerator. It basicly brings the idle up so you can warm up the bike faster. My buddy's '03 GSXR has one.
+1 FUEL INJECTED

1 - 7 of 7 Posts