Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month I bought an '08 with 1670 miles. It has a Brock Alienhead on it. Honestly I prefer the look of dual cans, and I like my bikes quiet. I bought some stock exhaust for it, but I'm wondering what are the chances of reprogramming the ecu vs a PCIII? Where does the PCIII plug in?

One other thing, are these peg brackets stock? They don't look like any pictures I have seen.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Looks like the PO chopped off the section where the stock exhaust hanger mounting point is on the stock rear pass pegs.

If you go back to stock exhaust, no need for a reprogram. If the PO just slapped on the Brocks and did not install a PC then your fuel maps are intact.

In fact, even with a PC5 and custom maps, unplugging the PC from the harness reverts back stock ECU maps. The PC5 is a piggyback system.

If you want to install a PC, I recommend the version 5. PC5 from Fuel Moto and they can per-load a decent map based on mods or no mods. Later on you can stick it on a dyno and get a custom tune.

The PC's plug into the main harness is located behind the radiator coolant overflow tank.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Welcome

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
gpd is correct. The rear bracket has been cut. You won't be able to bolt up the stock exhaust. You will probably have to replace that bracket if you want to install any exhaust on that side.
You probably don't want the stock exhaust either. They're stupid heavy. There are many slip ons available that are quiet.
Welcome!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wasn't sure if the peg brackets had been cut or not as they don't have saw marks or bare metal showing.

I did see a plug on the left side that looked like there was nothing plugged in, has about 12 wires. With the exhaust and other stuff I was hoping to find a pc plugged in somewhere. Is there a writeup somewhere on how to take the plastics off?

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
gpd is correct. The rear bracket has been cut. You won't be able to bolt up the stock exhaust. You will probably have to replace that bracket if you want to install any exhaust on that side.
You probably don't want the stock exhaust either. They're stupid heavy. There are many slip ons available that are quiet.
Welcome!
You won't be able to bolt up the stock exhaust
Is there an echo in here ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts