Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

· Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just unveiled today is the new Standard/Power Cruiser from Victory Motorcycles. Named the Judge, it is powered by their 106 v-twin. Puts out 113 lb/ft of torque. Mid-placed controls. Drag bar. Lists for $14K. While not a sport bike, per se, I'm glad that they resisted the temptation to release just another bagger/tourer to a market that seems to be flooded with them already. Personally, I like the clean design, and their attempt to return to motorcycling's roots. I wish them well.

DW

· Registered
3,929 Posts
I always liked Victory. Now if those guys would only build a Buell Sport clone....

· Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always liked Victory. Now if those guys would only build a Buell Sport clone....
That was the hope leading up to the unveiling of this new model--that Victory would break the mold, so to speak, and build a true sport bike....or something along the lines of the CORE concept bike of a few years back. Apparently, though, they saw the relatively weak sales numbers of sportbikes vs cruisers/tourers industry-wide, and decided that this was the best compromise. Still, for what it is, I think it's a pretty handsome machine. This dinky photo doesn't do it justice...and the Victory website won't let me copy the larger (and better) photos for display here. Pity.

DW

· Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could'a just posted a link...sheesh...:angry
Sheesh, yourself. I figured that the majority of us here weren't such Luddites that we'd be able to go over to the Polaris website ourselves, if we were so inclined. Frankly, after I saw that the photo was disappointingly small, and I couldn't copy the good ones, I just got bored with the whole project and decided to go back to work and earn some money.

DW

· Administrator
57,861 Posts
it looks nice. I would have to see it in person.
I always hear a lot about Victory and my brother in law raves about his.
I was in the market for a cruiser and looked at them.
The vegas and jackpot just looked cheap to me and they seemed expensive for what you got. Something about the footpegs and shifters and other things looked they were from bikes 30 years ago.
I ended up with another "cheap" cruiser with plastic chrome and all but for $3500 the used 2005 Honda VTX worked for me and I saved over 10 grand.

· Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Came around the back of the barn and snagged this:

I've always liked Victory, as well. Talked my friend into selling his HD Ultra and buying a Victory Cross Country. He's still thanking me.....

DW

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
that is pretty hot, and it doesnt say HD on it so even better. My GF likes bikes like that.

Which is funny, because when I had a bike kind of like that, she liked sport bikes. I think she just likes whatever I don't.

· Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:lol I'm pretty sure that is the first time I've been referred to as a Luddite:tard
No offense intended. I don't often get to use that term. Thanks for giving me the opportunity. :rolleyes

DW

· Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And i realize this is a sportbike forum but if someone handed me $14000 and i had to choose between that Victory and a 2012 ZX14, not even a hard decision. The 14 would be in my garage.:mfclap
By the looks of your avatar, seems to me that it already is.....maybe not a 2012, but its direct cousin.

DW

· Registered
6,392 Posts
nice looking bike.
I have a feeling the engineering maybe better than HD. If I wanted a powercruiser or a poser bike, I would pick the Harley. but that's just me.

There is no substitute for the real thing IMO.

The Black Victory

Harley Davidson

· Administrator
57,861 Posts
nice looking bike.
I have a feeling the engineering maybe better than HD. If I wanted a powercruiser or a poser bike, I would pick the Harley. but that's just me.

There is no substitute for the real thing IMO.
Very true.
As much as we all diss HD, I would rather be posing next to my HD than a Victory. IF someone still gave me that $14,000. Still waiting on that one.:angry
I bet resale is a lot higher on the HD too. Put a Victory and HD up for sale and I bet i know which one sells first and for more money.
Sad but true.

· Registered
3,929 Posts
Take THAT, Clark!!!

The UN-Harley....

· Registered
3,929 Posts
As much as we all diss HD, I would rather be posing next to my HD than a Victory.
I wouldnt. Who forced HD to give fuel injection, 6 speed overdrive, & stainless steel brake lines as standard equipment??

VICTORY did!!!

Plus Victorys tranny is in the CASE, not mounted as some afterthought add-on from 70+ years ago. The reason their rear drive is mounted on the opposite of a HD? Easier to get the rear wheel & belt off!!
If I had only 2 bikes to buy, HD or Victory, and only $14k to do it with, I couldnt even approach an HD with the SAME options or performance the Victory has...

For me its about QUALITY, PERFORMANCE and VALUE for my money, not owning some piece of ancient history or belonging to some bellybutton crowd who all wear the same corporate monikored clothes right down to the underwear..... :crackup

· Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very true.
As much as we all diss HD, I would rather be posing next to my HD than a Victory. IF someone still gave me that $14,000. Still waiting on that one.:angry
I bet resale is a lot higher on the HD too. Put a Victory and HD up for sale and I bet i know which one sells first and for more money.
Sad but true.
Which means absolutely nothing as far as build quality is concerned. And, don't forget that this is the HD whose CEO doesn't even ride a motorcycle, or if he does now, it's only that he recently learned how, because of the major shitstorm his lack of product familiarity caused. Oh yes, and it's the same HD who's teetered on bankruptcy recently, when angry shareholders watched its stock plummet from about $70/share to about $10/share, largely due to the tidal wave of "heartbeat financing" and bad paper that came back to bite HDFS in the ass. Yeah. There's a real corporate role model for you. "Posing" indeed.

DW

· Administrator
57,861 Posts
You guys are missing the point. Just like choosing the 14 over the Victory. It was a statement, not the fact that I needed another one. It would just be my selection out of the 2.
See my point?
I don't care if the Victory is more advanced or if the gear case was on top of the handlebars.
I could give a rats ass who bk'd who and when.
Again, just an example, IF someone gave me $14000 and the 2 choices were Victory or HD ( I would really want neither) I would pick the HD.
Only because it would be what MOST everyone would want to have in their garage.
See my point?
I would buy a HD more for resale than what it has for options.
I would buy a HD because the first question everyone asks when you bought a bike, "Did you buy a HD"?
See my point?
A Victory sitting in my garage wouldn't be a victory at all from an investmnent point of view just like the other bikes i have sitting there losing money everyday.
people want HD and will pay for it. Doesn't make sense but that's the way it is.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.