Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, my name's Pete, I'm from Australia but live in Japan. Just bought a 2006 model zx6r 630kms for 800 000 yen around 6800 US$. I've been riding bikes most of my life. 2 strokes, (just seized my last engine at 150kms/h mid corner after the 30 so metre slid sideways around the corner I had to change my shorts.) I thought it was time for a change. I know very little about the 6R only what I've read in mags, so I have a few questions.

1) What tyres do you recommend? Up until now I have used Dunlop gp70s and more recently the @10s, which I thought were very good.
I will use the bike on the road and on the track (Practice sessions only) but grip is my overall concern with some sort of life. The @10s gave me about 4 months of my normal riding schedual.

2) Exhaust, I saw the hotbodies undertail exhaust kit. Has anyone on here got this slip on system on their bike? or two brothers?

3) If I was to use a programmable ECU, what one would one recommend?

Regards, Pete.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Here's my 2 cents worth:

Tires - don't know, I'd go with what you've liked in the past if you've been satified with grip & wear.

Exhaust - From what I've heard - the Hotbodies (undertail kit) is brutal loud and I've also read some negatives on the fit & finish of the plastics but that might have been just a isolated case. Does look sweet tho.
The 2-Bros. is really nice - looks great (IMO) has a really nice sound (still fairly loud but nice throaty tone) but it's one of the most expensive slip ons you'll come across. I've got an Akra slip on & they're nice too but look a lot like the stock pipe. Jardine has just come out with a dual outlet slip on as well. Looks nice (IMO) I think it's not too bad price wise but haven't heard any sound clips yet. You can find info. on the Jardine web site if you're interested. Pretty much everyone will have a different opinion on exhausts so go with what you like & what you can afford.

Last issue - PCIII with custom map for all your mods - can't go wrong there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a hotbodies on my 05 cbr600rr and it was insane loud. I wanted to kill myself after 5 min on the freeway. So I got a jardine. Then my bike got ran over so now i'm picking up my 05 636 tomorrow. Can't wait!

·
Registered
2 Posts
:mfclap I have a sato slipon w/PCIII personally I love the sound. I have also heard about some problems with the Hotbodies undertail but I think it is one of the coolest looking aftermarket upgrades I have ever seen:mfclap As far as tires I use Michelin PP on both my zx10 and 636 what you really have to do is try different types of tires and then you'll know which ones you prefer. Suspension and air pressure will have an affect on how your tires will feel. Don't know If it helps:rolleyes

·
Registered
582 Posts
I used BT14 front and rear on a 1999 ZX6R and got about 10 000Km out of them.
Currently using BT14 on the '06 Zx 6R and will get about 8500km out of the rear but that's with 4 track days use as well.

gammac

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies mate. I picked up the bike today. Very happy. After doing some small changes to the bike I think I will get the PCIII, still haven't decided on an exhaust but for now the stoke one will do fine. Tyres I like your advise green meenie, I'm up for trying new tyres but I really don't want to drop this bike (I've got a bad habit) I really know the @10s well, "better the devil you know"

Again thanks, Pete.

P.S. How do you post a pick from your own computer and not an URL?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts