Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after many weeks for dreaming, looking and convincing the wife... I finally did it. I put some money down on a 2000 zx12r. It's been quite a few years since I sold my 600r ninja... Damn fuq'n excited to finally get back in the saddle. The seller and I agreed on 5,700 ( askin 6,000 ). There are a few missing fering screws, a few scratches. The owner before him laid the bike down :( Insurance had paid for everything to be repaired, says the current owner. This makes me nervous a bit. Do you think I'm jumping into something bad in buying a bike that was previously wrecked? 12,100 miles on the bike. On a cold start the engine sounded perfect. It was raining, so no test ride. The owner says it hits every gear and has never popped out. He mentioned there was a recall on them due to something wrong with the clutching mechanism, is this right?

Thanks all!

:crazyloco

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hey Serotonin... congrats on what you're heading towards.

I'm not too familiar with the 12, but I'm sure you'll get much support from the guys that have them.

I wouldn't be too worried about a bike that has been repaired, depending on the extent of it.

I posted not long ago, under buy and sell, a very long post about what to look for when buying a used bike. Read it over, print it out, take it with you and really look at the bike. If you find too much wrong with it... It may be cheaper, or safer to walk away from it and lose a little $ rather than more in the long run... or worse yet... your life.

Give it a read, and good luck.

·
Registered
199 Posts
That 12R will be nothing like you remember. Your old 600 is aobut the same output as the starter motor on the 12R. Give it much respect and enjoy.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have an in new condition ZX12R Yosh RS3 duplex full stainless sytem for sale for $400+ shipping if your interested.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
congrats and welcome

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm new to the board as well.

The 12 is nothing like the 600, so take it easy until you get used to it.

It still surprises me from time to time when I twist the wrist!:evil

WOW! What a bike!

Ohhh, Welcome!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the welcomes! :D

I haven't taken it over 7k rpm yet. Even still at 7k rpm this baby is WAY more power than my 600 did when I'd push it all the way. I'm thrilled, amazed and humbled by the power of this machine. From what I've read so far the power band really hits at higher rpm, for the stock setup. As far as handling goes, I'm amazed there too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts