Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member to this forum. I've just ordered a sliver 1400GTR and should be able to collect it in 2 weeks. I've only riden sports bikes so hoping i won't be dissappouinted. I had a go on the ZZR1400 and really liked it apart from lacking a bit of low end punch so I'm hoping the GTR will hit all the right buttons. It was great to see so many dduring the Tour de France here in the UK yesterday. They looked just great. I'll update you all as soon i've had my first ride.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Another new member
I have ordered a silver 1400GTR and hope to get mine in about 2 weeks.
I have been obtaining a few insurance quotes and not able to find a company that will count the new KIPASS security system as an immobiliser.

Anyone know of a company that does?

Thanks
John

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered mine in November 06. Dealer says I should get mine in the next week or so but saw this review today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...xml=/motoring/2007/07/07/nosplit/mfbike07.xml

I have a lot of respect for the reviewer so I'm a bit disappointed as the
weaknesses he points out (Lack of low-rev torque, poor range, choppy ride) are worrying to me anyway.

I have never before put down a deposit on a bike without test riding it but the GTR put a spell on me!

By agreement my deposit is refundable so I have now decided to get it refunded and leave it until Spring when I have had a chance to test one out and have the whole of the Summer to ride it. It just doesn't seem good enough to buy blind.

Since I first heard about the GTR last November I have been obsessed with it, often checking the Kawasaki website and this Forum many times a day for news.

Good luck to both of you with your purchases and I hope you enjoy it. I expect I would have done too but I'll wait till Spring.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I ordered mine in November 06. Dealer says I should get mine in the next week or so but saw this review today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...xml=/motoring/2007/07/07/nosplit/mfbike07.xml

I have a lot of respect for the reviewer so I'm a bit disappointed as the
weaknesses he points out (Lack of low-rev torque, poor range, choppy ride) are worrying to me anyway.

I have never before put down a deposit on a bike without test riding it but the GTR put a spell on me!

By agreement my deposit is refundable so I have now decided to get it refunded and leave it until Spring when I have had a chance to test one out and have the whole of the Summer to ride it. It just doesn't seem good enough to buy blind.

Since I first heard about the GTR last November I have been obsessed with it, often checking the Kawasaki website and this Forum many times a day for news.

Good luck to both of you with your purchases and I hope you enjoy it. I expect I would have done too but I'll wait till Spring.
Thanks for this report. Not sure I'd believe everything this guy says since he thinks the GTR only holds 4.8 gallons of gas. The cruising range should be well in excess of 200 miles and that's OK with me. Also, the back suspension might have been set to stiff causing what he called a choppy ride.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Black looks good

The tank capacity is reported as imperial gallons in UK which are about 10% more than US gallons or 4.54 litres/gall.

He also quotes a high fuel consumption, whereas all the reports so far appear to be over 40mpg on US galls. I am sure that the consumption will be more than Ash got, even MCN UK thrashing a long term test bike ZZR1400 managed over 42mpg.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another new member
I have ordered a silver 1400GTR and hope to get mine in about 2 weeks.
I have been obtaining a few insurance quotes and not able to find a company that will count the new KIPASS security system as an immobiliser.

Anyone know of a company that does?

Thanks
John
John, I haven't even thought of that aspect. I'll check a few out and give an update as to progress.

·
Registered
184 Posts
She put a spell on me too.Strong enough that I ordered the first one available in Hampton Roads, VA! Anyone looking for a good deal on an 05 Connie?....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts