Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 2002 blue owner and this is my second ZX12...I love the bike and would enjoy talking with others that do to. I have tried other lists and tried to get answer's only to get smart ass answers.
I like this place already because of the first pm from the list owner personally asking me to hang out and enjoy this list....so I think that I will....
These bikes are a great experience into the realm of hyper bikes and I personally don't think that I will sell this one ever...
I live up in a small town in washington state called Port Angeles....have a great road out here that is roughly 33 miles long and throws everything at you...
Nice to meet you all....:clap

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics will follow...

I have a stock blue 2002, but it will be changed as I am now waiting for a powercommander and I have a hindle pipe in the garage already. I just got a corbin for it and and putting some new tires on it...but I will post some soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Red 2000

It was really a big sport touring bike because it had heated grips...:crackup
I really like these bikes and this is the one that I will keep for a while...

·
Registered
95 Posts
What's up Dragonknee, I saw your post in referece to the Pierelli tires on another site, but I couldn't get back in time before you left the forum. If it helps any, I have a 2005 ZX-12R and being in Germany you have no choice but to ride curves, but every now and then I get on the autobahn to blow out the carbs. my tire history is as follows:

Dunlop D-207 (170 front and 200 rear) Excellent grip and i got 2346 miles out of them and this was to the wear bar. I Could of milked another 600 miles or so but being in Germany it's a must that you have good tread on your tires.

Pierelli Diablos (170 front 200 rear) Excellent grip and the road feedback is far better than the Dunlops and I managed to get 3000 miles before I was down to the wear bar. I really like these tires and I just got another set put on today.

Pierelli Strada (170 front 190 rear) For my tours to the Alps I used the Strada's and I was very happy with the way they performed, there not as grippy as the diablos but the tire wear is well worth the money, I managed to get 6000 miles to the wear bar. On warmer days the tires grip almost as good as the Diablos, but I didn't press it to much because I know there sport touring tires. As for the speed rating, I did an autobahn blast on these and let's just say I was well above 160 mph. Be advised I was on the German autobahn where in some places there is no speed limit.

Pierelli Corsa, I haven't tried these out yet but I here the grip is even better than the Diablos. After my current diablos are history I plan on using a Corsa front for the extra grip, and keep the diablo rear because I like the 200 size tire and the way it feels. I've used the 190 rear in the past and the turn in is a little faster but nothing you should be concerened about unless you plan on racing.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's up Dragonknee, I saw your post in referece to the Pierelli tires on another site, but I couldn't get back in time before you left the forum. If it helps any, I have a 2005 ZX-12R and being in Germany you have no choice but to ride curves, but every now and then I get on the autobahn to blow out the carbs. my tire history is as follows:

Dunlop D-207 (170 front and 200 rear) Excellent grip and i got 2346 miles out of them and this was to the wear bar. I Could of milked another 600 miles or so but being in Germany it's a must that you have good tread on your tires.

Pierelli Diablos (170 front 200 rear) Excellent grip and the road feedback is far better than the Dunlops and I managed to get 3000 miles before I was down to the wear bar. I really like these tires and I just got another set put on today.

Pierelli Strada (170 front 190 rear) For my tours to the Alps I used the Strada's and I was very happy with the way they performed, there not as grippy as the diablos but the tire wear is well worth the money, I managed to get 6000 miles to the wear bar. On warmer days the tires grip almost as good as the Diablos, but I didn't press it to much because I know there sport touring tires. As for the speed rating, I did an autobahn blast on these and let's just say I was well above 160 mph. Be advised I was on the German autobahn where in some places there is no speed limit.

Pierelli Corsa, I haven't tried these out yet but I here the grip is even better than the Diablos. After my current diablos are history I plan on using a Corsa front for the extra grip, and keep the diablo rear because I like the 200 size tire and the way it feels. I've used the 190 rear in the past and the turn in is a little faster but nothing you should be concerened about unless you plan on racing.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the info. The admin of the other site thinks that pictures are the answer to all and all I really wanted was some more info. To bad because I liked his site until the weird exchange on the tires. I ordered the stratas and will report back on them after I have had them for a while. I hope that I dont have any problems:scared but I am going to try them...Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
@dragonknee

i have been riding on Pirellis for about 1500 miles now and I love them, much better than the stocker Dunlops that came w/ my bike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got them mounted.... going for first ride after dyno tommorow...must be very carefull..... more power slick tires bad combo....

·
Registered
95 Posts
got them mounted.... going for first ride after dyno tommorow...must be very carefull..... more power slick tires bad combo....

Yeah the first 100 miles or so will suck because you have to break the new tires in, but once there worn in you;ll love them, especially if you hit the curves.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Took them for a spin

Went out sat and carefully rode around.... tires seem to do fine.. first ride after the pipe and dyno and new tires...but did not seem to have any grip problems for taken it easy..towards the end of the ride I started to corner a little more agressively and the strada's did not make me feel any less secure....:clap

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey there everyone! I recently purchased my newest pride and joy 2003 ZX-12R. Already put up pics in the pic thread. I bought her to make a memorial ride in honor of my daughter my wife and I lost this past December. She was 5 months old and her heart finally gave out after a long hard battle. We actually started a non-profit benefit foundation in her name. Check it out at www.lexislamb.org
Anyway, about the bike..........way more mods than I can remember off the top of my head but I'll give it a try...........

2003 Kawasaki ZX-12R 10,000 miles (true miles, has speedo healer)

puig double bubble windscreen, Muzzy adjustable dog bones, Adjustable Kickstand, Schnitz lowering straps (which I intend to just drop the forks), Shinko soft front tire, Shinko Ultra-Soft rear tire, Exotic cycle extended swingarm, Vortex centerstem kill switch, Pingel air shifter wired into horn button when switched on with killbox, Muzzy clutch basket, Muzzy racing clutch, Full Akrapovic Evolution carbon fiber exhaust, Power Commander IIIR, geared down 1 infront and up 2 in rear, Yellowbox, EK ZZZ chain, LED front turn signals, integrated rear LED turn signals, hot-bodies undertail, and Shiftminder shiftlight system. That's all I can remember for now.

Professionally dyno'd and tuned to 175 at the wheel horespower and 96 ft lb torque by Dyno Masters. Close to 15 grand into this machine and I was blessed with it for 6500.00 bones. This bike is going to be not a toy but a tool to spread word about my daughter and her memorial foundation. But of course I'm gonna be riding it like everyday, how else am I supposed to get attention to spread the word?

When running it at the track, the guy I got it from told me he wasn't very good but he was pulling low to mid 9's consistently and he weighed 260 at the time. I'm only 170 and 5'11". Already scares the crap out of me!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts