Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a beautiful 94 zx11d that has been sitting and has fuel delivery problems. I have discovered that the fuel pump is not working. I ran a jump wire and it now make LOUD noise but does not pump gas. I removed the tank and fuel does not flow when I open the petcock. Is that normal? The fuel filter is not clogged going to the pump. Any advice is much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Hello, I have a beautiful 94 zx11d that has been sitting and has fuel delivery problems. I have discovered that the fuel pump is not working. I ran a jump wire and it now make LOUD noise but does not pump gas. I removed the tank and fuel does not flow when I open the petcock. Is that normal? The fuel filter is not clogged going to the pump. Any advice is much appreciated.
Have you pulled the petcock to verify that the screens arent plugged with goo?

If they are, you might as well start tearing down the carbs for a complete cleaning.

Tip to the wise. Hook the fuel pump up to an external gas can and see if it pumps that way. If it does, load the gas can up with Sea Foam and try to start the bike. If she wont idle below 4000 rpm the pilots are plugged and you can start your carb tear down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohhhh screens?!!

I rebuilt the petcock with o-ring and somehow didn't see screens . I will check it out. I still wonder why the pump wont run when I turn on the key.Only runs jumpered and its way loud. Maybe because its dry? Thanks a bunch, will check it out.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I think the pump only run when you press the start button.
When I want to be sure mine work, I turn the key to "on", I put it in 1st gear, let the clutch go and then I push the start button. Engine do not turn over but I hear pretty well the pump working (and it stops when the pressure is built).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gat a private message to join the yellow with red stripe wire with the black with red stripe at the junction box to get the f pump working. Guess its supposed to be a common problem ans easy fix. Well I really screwed things up. instead of the junction box I cut wires from the starter silinoid? It's the thing with the red connector and 30 amp fuse on top. It had a yellow and red and a black but with yellow. guess I thought that must be it. wouldn't even crank. To make matters worse I cut the wires flush with the connector. Walked away for now before I make even more of a mess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts