Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki ZX-14R
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first bike! To be fair I've rode a lot of different bikes, mainly my dads and friends.

Here's the back story:

About 10 years ago my dad got a slightly modded '06 ZX14, a guy deploying was selling his low mileage toy and during a spring dyno day when selling to a dealership they decided to strap it on the dyno and had a prize for highest HP bike in respective class (V-twin, under 600cc, 600-999, 1000cc and 1000cc+), the ZX14 (179.8whp) won that day against several modded Hayabusa's (163-169whp). Tons of bikes showed from all over, after seeing that dyno pull my dad went and bought it the next day. He use to race motorcycles in his younger years but at 54 years old people thought he was crazy. My first ride on it, not 45 seconds on it I blasted it up past 170 and was hooked. He sold it two years after when diabetes began hindering his ability to ride it. He wouldn't sell it to me at that time, bc I already had a speed addiction at 23 (970awhp Evo) and he figured I'd die on it.

Fast forward to now, with fuel prices rising (had to have an excuse) I decided to start looking for a bike, this one popped up at a local dealership owned by an old high school classmate. I messaged him and less than 6hrs later I had it on the trailer heading back home. I've wanted on of these bikes for 10 years now and finally decided to buy one.

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Fuel tank Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,573 Posts
Just got my first bike! To be fair I've rode a lot of different bikes, mainly my dads and friends.

Here's the back story:

About 10 years ago my dad got a slightly modded '06 ZX14, a guy deploying was selling his low mileage toy and during a spring dyno day when selling to a dealership they decided to strap it on the dyno and had a prize for highest HP bike in respective class (V-twin, under 600cc, 600-999, 1000cc and 1000cc+), the ZX14 (179.8whp) won that day against several modded Hayabusa's (163-169whp). Tons of bikes showed from all over, after seeing that dyno pull my dad went and bought it the next day. He use to race motorcycles in his younger years but at 54 years old people thought he was crazy. My first ride on it, not 45 seconds on it I blasted it up past 170 and was hooked. He sold it two years after when diabetes began hindering his ability to ride it. He wouldn't sell it to me at that time, bc I already had a speed addiction at 23 (970awhp Evo) and he figured I'd die on it.

Fast forward to now, with fuel prices rising (had to have an excuse) I decided to start looking for a bike, this one popped up at a local dealership owned by an old high school classmate. I messaged him and less than 6hrs later I had it on the trailer heading back home. I've wanted on of these bikes for 10 years now and finally decided to buy one.

View attachment 21405
View attachment 21406
Welcome to the forums!

Nice rocketship!

Reactions: wilsoN_

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
I bought my first bike the last time fuel prices went this high, and made a similarly crazy choice of starting on a 10R. I'm still alive, not sure what your chances are. That's a fine looking 14 though. Welcome.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
ECU Flash for future upgrade/mod? That Brock's exhaust cleaned it up very nicely IMO.

Reactions: wilsoN_

·
Registered
26 Posts

Here's the back story:

View attachment 21405
View attachment 21406
Wicked bike. Really like the paint scheme. Safe riding.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts

Here's the back story:

View attachment 21405
View attachment 21406
That is wicked. I’m trying to stay alive on an old Zx7r. I am jealous. Safe riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
I agree, quite "first" bike. It is a f---n beast. Just remember, the bike will only do what you tell it to do, so don't tell it to do anything stupid.
Had a Yamaha FZR1000 a long time ago and someone asked me "How do you ride such a bike?" I told them I keep the wrist connected to the brain.

That is wicked. I’m trying to stay alive on an old Zx7r. I am jealous. Safe riding.
Nice ZX7R as well. Have an older ZX9R myself.

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki ZX-14R
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks gentlemen, yeah I learned long ago at 21 when I built my old Evo with no safeties for stupidity and 970whp to keep the brain connected to the throttle lol

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
2600 miles later and I'm still loving this thing, probably wait another few thousand miles and then go turbo.
Congratulations for surviving! Hope to see another update in the future. I just put 5k mi on my 10r these past 12mos. That's low for me. Though, I think I've worked on it more than I have ridden it. Hoping to do more riding and less wrenching these next 12mos.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts