Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 13 years of riding my 86 ninja 1000R (which is still in mint condition) it was finally time to get something new, I'm taking ownership of a 2010 zx14 today! It was a leftover with zero miles on it and I picked it up for 9700. Although I'm gonna miss riding that old girl, it was the bike I learned on and took my road test with, I have a lot of history with it. Even though she still has quite a bit of life left in her today is going to be an awesome day when I get on the new one. I'll post some pics of both once I get my hands on the 14.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'm sure I will! Once I can get to my fathers house this weekend Ill have an awesome picture to post on here. Any one who has followed Kawasaki for a long time will appreciate it. Between both of us we will have three of kawasaki's nastiest bikes. His 1973 Z1-900 (he bought it brand new in 73, and it still shines like new) now there's no description of the history of that bike needed haha. Then we have the 86 ninja 1000R (fastest production bike in 86 and first to crack the 160mph mark) this bike still looks brand new. And now the zx14.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny thing is how many people underestimate that 86 1000R as well, that freaking thing can still keep up with some of the newer ones. A lot of surprised faces when you touch that bike off!

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Welcome to the zxf

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Congrats and welcome.In the seventies I was called The KawasakiKid.I bought a new 1975 Z-1B.A buddy had a 74 H-1.We would dragrace all the time.He would take me until 2nd gear then I was gone.I bought a leftover 83 GS-1100E.They had a couple Ninja 1000R's.I remember the magazines had them at 10.60 and took the mirrors off and they would do 163.Allways wanted one.
Craig

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, took the new 14 for a quick 100 mile cruise tonight. Words can not even begin describe this thing!! What an amazing bike I'm speechless and can't wait till tomorrow to get on it again!!

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Welcome to the forum bud. Hope you enjoy your 14 as much as I enjoy mine!

Having owned a 750 H2, and GPZ1100, I REALLY appreciate my Zx14. The 06 Passion Red is REALLY close to the 83 Firecracker Red, and the performance just as fun!

Enjoy your bike, read lots and learn about it, post up if you have questions.

Most important, respect the bike and ride safe.

OP

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's a quick question for zx14 owners.. How were you guys able to settle down enough to get some sleep after that first day of it?! Haha

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome to the forum bud. Hope you enjoy your 14 as much as I enjoy mine!

Having owned a 750 H2, and GPZ1100, I REALLY appreciate my Zx14. The 06 Passion Red is REALLY close to the 83 Firecracker Red, and the performance just as fun!

Enjoy your bike, read lots and learn about it, post up if you have questions.

Most important, respect the bike and ride safe.

OP
:mfclap I totally agree with you!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another 150 mile ride in the books this morning. Bike is soo damn strong. Anyone ever noticed a rattle somewhere up front? When I ease on the throttle I can hear it, It doesn't sound major. Just think something rattling up front

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After researching the rattling I've been hearing, I'm pretty sure it's the tip over sensor buzzing. I'm going to take windscreen off tomorrow and add a few washers as people have suggested. Anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts