Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just got my second call back and setup a phone and store interview. Applying for assistant manager (team leader). If I leave where I am now I make 7/hour plus tips.. Averaging roughly $15-20.

I'm scared to ask how much pay is but it is inevitable. I'm sure they will offer 10-12 which after taxes is $8-10. So a big pay cut. Is it worth the experience ??

And ex cycle gear employees on here?

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
Could you fit both jobs into your busy whoring schedule?
What about benefits, chance for advancement, discounts:smile, hours(weekends), travel time?
Now for my soapbox,:rolleyes
I worked a fulltime job and then on weeknights and weekends selling boats for 10 years and raised 2 girls when my wife was at work which was most of the time too.
You're young. tell them you want to work both jobs into your schedule. maybe the cg job won't work out and you'll have the bartender job to fall back on.
Sometimes you need to bust yer ass to make things work and it will pay off in the future. if you're happy the way you are then just forget everything I said.
I'm done working for the day. Time for a beer.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Congratulations and good luck.

To some people its a rocket.
To others it's freedom. (zx9r)

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like benefits and full time hourly pay. Not sure how much yet. But because of their store hours I would have to give up my current position and also because I want the assistant manager spot they want full availability. Chance for advancement seems slim unless another store was opened and I opted to move. Which I won't for less than 50k.

It's in little rock. The Capitol.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I'm ready to get out of the food industry, but my wallet disagrees. Will maintain a good relationship with my current job so I can pick up shifts for extra cash

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I think I'm ready to get out of the food industry, but my wallet disagrees. Will maintain a good relationship with my current job so I can pick up shifts for extra cash
yea i also do the same in this economy to stay out of debt , you need to work more than 1 job, and again keep us posted:crazyloco

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
I agree with EZ. Try to work the bar job part time. And you don't know, they may offer you decent money. I know people who work at lazy ass jobs (myself in college) and make almost $15/hour.

regardless dude, good luck with whatever you decide, which is hopefully cycle gear so we can all get discounts :evil

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
+1 on discounts. They might as well just keep my first check.

Second interview at noon today, will update. Hoping to find out the pay offered and if there are benefits today.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
If there aren't benefits... I'd find a place where you can make more money slinging drinks.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Kinda sounds like a backwards move. IMO Retail sucks more than food service work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts