Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.New to the site and new to the bike.2007 ZX-6R.Just got it today.I have a stupid question to ask.How the heck do I get rid of that huge bracket thing on the back of the bike??I know I can un-bolt it but what do I do with the wiring for the Light and where do I put the Plate after it is gone??Any help would be great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply,I was looking at that.I just want to get rid of the bracket and reflectors.I want to keep the stock signals and lic plate light.

·
Registered
51 Posts
they do have ones where you can keep the stock lights i dont know about the lic plate light they ususally come with those so i dont know if you have to replace it

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you want to keep all the stock lights you'll want to check out this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007...tegoryZ35583QQihZ006QQitemZ160137846782QQrdZ1

This is basically just a license plate bracket that mounts in place of the lower part of the stock fender to the four bolts that stick down. Even though the pictures shows different signals, it uses the stock signals (they sell a more expensive one that uses the signals shown in the picture).

This doesn't provide for a plate light though so you have to pick up some of these: http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sc&cid=5

Good luck!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome - where in AZ are you? I'm in Ahwatukee.

If you need some help - just send me a PM... There are some good fender eliminators and ideas out there. Mine came with my Two Brothers exhaust...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am in Peoria.T-Bird and the 101.I amd looking into the Fender Eliminator but I have also decided to keep the Bike as stock as possible.I may just make a bracket for it my self that way I can keep the stock Lic plate light.I have a few idea.The Sport Bike stuff is still very new to me.I also ride a VTX 1300.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nothing wrong with that!!! I've seen a few people do that and it looks pretty nice... I've also seen some who just cut the plastic off to the point behind the plate, and that tidy's things up too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts