Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am restoring a 1993 ZX600E-1 from tires to wind screen, I have everything under control so far but I need an engine someone left the carbs off and the valves are extremely rusted now, so there is probly no salvaging them so F it I want to get another engine and I know these engines are NOTORIOUS for 2nd gear problems so why chance it I bought it not running. My question is what engines and year gaps fit this frame as a bolt in ??? 93-00? Any suggestions please share. Thanks !!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I use Marvel mystery oil.
In older engines, sometimes you can free up sticky rusty problems by letting them soak a few days.
I would try that first, I mean maybe, just maybe the oil will lubricate it enough and then fire it, and burn off the rest.
I never count an engine out until it sounds like a bag of hammers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use Marvel mystery oil.
In older engines, sometimes you can free up sticky rusty problems by letting them soak a few days.
I would try that first, I mean maybe, just maybe the oil will lubricate it enough and then fire it, and burn off the rest.
I never count an engine out until it sounds like a bag of hammers.
Well bought another bike that had everything I need got it running and I got a bag of hammers .... but everything else is there so it paid for itself already now I’m on the hunt for an engine and suggestions where I might find one ? Reputable website maybe ??

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
91-94 are the same cases. Any other 600 motor will require mods/ fabrication. Also newer motors will be narrower and cause other mounting issues.
As mentioned, don’t give up on a motor. I have two that were left in similar neglect. May need new valves and at worst, require new seats. These are ferrous but most other pieces are aluminum. You can search for a replacement motor but who knows what you are getting.
Personally, I feel better rebuilding a motor myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts