Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi boys and girls.
My first post here, and I'm in need of a favor from you guys.
I'm in the process of building a streetfighter (4 years in the making so far) based on a 1974 Kawasaki Z1A.
After multiple attempts to get my (GS1100E) boxed aluminum swingarm to line up, as well as wanting to get as close to OEM gearing as possible, I've decided to look into the possibility of using a ZX9 swingarm.
I SERIOUSLY need some dimensions. If anyone can supply me with the width at the pivot as well as the total length of a ZX9 swingarm I would be FOREVER grateful! Come to think of it, I also need what size pivot bolt is required. If I'm not mistaken, my Z1 uses a 17mm pivot bolt.
I'll attempt to post a progress pic of where I am to this date, then later I will divulge all the details.
Again, I sincerely appreciate all the info you can supply.
LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!
Jim

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sweet project and nice looking fabwork. Be sure to keep us updated.

What year measurements are you looking for?

94-97 swingarm is 24" long measuring from the tail end of the swingarm to the center of the pivot bolt. With the wheel centered in the chain adjustment it is roughly 22" from center of the pivot bolt to center of the axlenut. Width of swingarm at the pivot is 10.75-ish inches... i say this because its damn near impossible to measure with the arm on the bike. Double check this measurement with someone that has one laying around. As for the pivot bolt, well that one is impossible with the bike assembled. :lol

94-97 zx9r will have the same arm, i *think* 98-01 will be similar, and in 02 they went to the more modern braced style.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts