Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got the green avenger jacket to match my green zx6

and thinking about getting this BELL Rs1 with the silver mirror shield

what do you guys think? anybody have the same helmet or jacket??
are they any good?

· Registered
6,392 Posts
The jacket is great. i like it.

Please try on a Bell helmet before you OWN IT !!

I like the graphics on the BELL Star and the look of the helmet.
it doesn't fit my head AT ALL.
I tried one on at Cycle Gear. I couldn't even wear it for 30 seconds.
Serious hot spots for me. It fits many riders, just not me.

Let us know

· Registered
7,375 Posts
Jacket looks good for sure.Not a big fan of the helmet but its ur choice.

· Registered
219 Posts
Back in the day Bell use to be a big name in helmets but don't really get the love they use to...

I own some shift gear and its pretty nice, not big on textile as I feel more comfortable being wrapped in leather but anything is better than bare skin..
Only complaint about my Shift jacket is the factory back protector is kinda ... well shitty *imo*.. I wear a separate back protector when I wear my shift jacket..

as already said about a helmet try it on before you buy any of them... spending big bucks on an Arai is pointless if it does not fit properly..

· Registered
72 Posts
Nice jacket. Textile is fine for general street use and its light. Just don't go supersonic and go down on one of these Fla. bridges, there can be differences between leather & textile in how they hold up.

Nothing wrong with Bell. That Van guy at sportbiketrackgear seems to rave about them. That model is composite and looks like its on sale? Always a AAA++! Been years since I had a bell, but a friend has had one for a couple of years (a plastic one) and the quality has been good for him. He has said he has trouble seeing out of it but I think he's trying to find excuses not to wear a helmet... he's pretty squidy. Like they say, try it before you buy it.

Looks like nice stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.