Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 hours on a Concours 14

My wonderful wife gave me time away to break in the bike. I did a bunch of tight mountain roads. Lots of hair pin corners in first gear. Lots of shifting. It was glorious!! As this engine starts to break in, I'm reving it a bit more. G*d does this bike have power!!! I can't figure out if this bike is "scary fast" or just "stupid fast" Scary fast changes the color of your underware. Stupid fast results in long term imprisonment or death.

In my 100 miles of mountain riding today, I discovered a new undocumented feature. ESP. This bike reads minds! Riding through twisty roads, all I had to do is think about banking into a corner and boom, I’m banked over so fast it is scary. This bike takes so little input to change direction, it’s freaky. I remember all the effort it took to bank the original Concours into a corner. When I jumped on a R100RT, I nearly flipped it sideways getting off the highway. The R100RT took so little input to change direction, it was a refreshing change. This bike is the same way. Just a little weight on the handlebars and this puppy is banked over ready to scrap some pegs.

The vibration I reported on does not seem to bother me. Apparently it is at a frequency that bugs my hands. After 3 hours on the bike with one break, my hands were fine, my knees were great. I’m no longer worried about vibration.

Today was hot. 95 kind of hot. It was a test of the bike in very warm weather. The bike does produce a lot of heat. The fans run frequently in town riding. The side panels below the tank get very warm … dare I say uncomfortably warm. While this is not great, it should be very very easy to fix with a trip to the hardware store and pick up more insulation for the body panels. Tank did not seem to retain heat. Just the plastic body panels.

My riding was a bit more spirited today. MPG dropped to 42, but still not bad.

That’s what I know!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thanks again for an awesome report! I know it's only a matter of time before the rest of us get ours... but it's driving me NUTS!! Ride on brother!

:mfclap

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks again for an awesome report! I know it's only a matter of time before the rest of us get ours... but it's driving me NUTS!! Ride on brother!

:mfclap
+1 :mfclap And thanks to all the folk who are taking the time to give us their reviews. There is still no definite news about delivery here in the UK but at least I can read about it!

Dave

·
Registered
184 Posts
Bravo! Jealousy rears its ugly head in VA! What type of insulation are you looking to put inside the panels? Want to take good notes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bravo! Jealousy rears its ugly head in VA! What type of insulation are you looking to put inside the panels? Want to take good notes.

I bought a Car windshield reflector from Walmart for $6. It looks like bubble wrap with reflective material on each side. Took a sharpy pen and got some close patterns to the panels. Cut and Stuff.

Does not take much effort.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts