Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
also, with the new akro, theres a big space under my tail wich allows water to get up on my commander, and in my storage...is there some kind of plastic peice that goes up there to fix that?

·
Registered
379 Posts
how does water get up there? i don't understand..i have the akra as welll....
The spray from the wheel when you ride sends the water up there. Kind of like a moving enema :evil . when i had mine i just took a towel and wrapped everything up with it. I know a guy who took a cubby from an old 954 Honda and made pieces and plastice welded them in there.

Another thing i have seen guys do is wrap a rubber glove around the computer and also another one is spray Q20 oil all over it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
"moving enema" great description, nearly choked on my sarnie at that!

·
Registered
264 Posts
The spray from the wheel when you ride sends the water up there. Kind of like a moving enema :evil . when i had mine i just took a towel and wrapped everything up with it. I know a guy who took a cubby from an old 954 Honda and made pieces and plastice welded them in there.

Another thing i have seen guys do is wrap a rubber glove around the computer and also another one is spray Q20 oil all over it.
Does this trick have any negative effects on cooling??

·
Registered
379 Posts
Does this trick have any negative effects on cooling??

I dont know about the cooling side of things because i didnt do the rubber glove thing. I dont think it would make that much difference in all honesty as the exhaust runs under the seat anyway so that computer gets hot as it is. Most guys who put after market pipes on actually try and move the computer down a bit or put heat resistant panels under it and around it as the after market pipes get so much hotter than the std ones

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.