Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The removal of the old can was easy. Just pull apart the ass end and slip the can out.

With the yoshi pipe it comes with a block plate for the power valve servo. These cables go away.

this is the competition werkes kit. It is kinda time consuming to put on but its worth it

Here is the muffler and mounting hardware.

Make sure you put the heat shield tape on that they give you or else your passenger is gonna have some warm buns!

The pipe doesnt want to sit straight so it will take some tweeking while you tighten up the clamp for it to sit right

The whole thing took me about 5 hours to do because i was taking my sweet ass time. I will post pictures of the completed product tomorrow cause it was dark when I finished. The RS5 is the way to go in my opinion cause this is the way this bike is suppossed to sound!

The poor bird didnt stand a chance!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Nice job, looks good. When do we get to see/hear the video? haha

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
already posted it under the competition werkes fender eliminator post

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Question about your Yosh...it appears that is the slip-on? At idle, does it sputter or does it idle strong with no dips or tach-jumping?

I ask because laidout put the same Yosh on his 05 ZX-6R and whenever the bike idled, it sputtered up and down on the tach from 1000 to 1500 rpm's. You shouldnt have to run a PC3 on a slip-on, but we couldnt figure out any other way to correct this. That was just our experience with it, so that's why I ask.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beansbaxter said:
Question about your Yosh...it appears that is the slip-on? At idle, does it sputter or does it idle strong with no dips or tach-jumping?

I ask because laidout put the same Yosh on his 05 ZX-6R and whenever the bike idled, it sputtered up and down on the tach from 1000 to 1500 rpm's. You shouldnt have to run a PC3 on a slip-on, but we couldnt figure out any other way to correct this. That was just our experience with it, so that's why I ask.
Beans,
The idle is a little bit rougher than normal but the tac only moves about 25 rpms in either direction. You need to expect the bike idle a little bit different due to the fact that there is next to no back pressure on the engine so the MAP sensor will try and compensate for the loss. The true way to do any type of exhaust on a true fuel infected bike is to Re-map the computer with a power commander or such. As far as performance goes it has drastically increased. Did 190 miles yesterday and by around 100 miles the pipe finally finished breaking in. Before I could get 130 miles to a tank before the light would come on and now Im up to 145. As far as your friends bike goes, what is he running for an air filter?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I think laidout kept the stock air filter system all intact.

hmmm I am with you on the remapping of the computer with a PC3, I guess I always felt with a slip on that you could get away without doing that.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
beansbaxter said:
I think laidout kept the stock air filter system all intact.

hmmm I am with you on the remapping of the computer with a PC3, I guess I always felt with a slip on that you could get away without doing that.
Try switching to a high flow air filter like a K&N and see what happens. Stupid question but when you put the servo limiter on the power valve servo, did you line it up correctly?

·
Registered
40 Posts
DaveMK2 said:
Try switching to a high flow air filter like a K&N and see what happens. Stupid question but when you put the servo limiter on the power valve servo, did you line it up correctly?
I have been thinking of getting a new filter, just have not gotten around to it yet. As for lining up the servo limiter, yes I did line it up correctly....:thefinger Now that the system has been on for awhile, the sporatic idle does not seem to be as bad as it used to be....

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The pipe also needs time to break in.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That sounds and looks Killer Dave.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Special mention for the bike "in the house" and the parts on the kitchen table. You guys rock!!! :respect

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks brother, The landlord is a bitch and wont let you work on your shit outside. So I waited till she left at 6 and rolled the bike inside the kitchen. Really pissed everyone off when I started it! lol:crackup

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
hahaha. I bet. Mine encouraged me to park mine in the living room for the winter. He's the best landlord going.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Congrat's on the new pipe and the Eliminator DaveMK2!!! Keep it up, oh and please post up some sound clip's of your pipe!!!! Thanks.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lucky. :p My Two bros connected straight to the headers and it was a PAIN IN THE ASS to install that sucker. Haha. Good lookin pipe!

Hey how did you polish your wheels, and what was the final cost? They look great.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spec said:
Lucky. :p My Two bros connected straight to the headers and it was a PAIN IN THE ASS to install that sucker. Haha. Good lookin pipe!

Hey how did you polish your wheels, and what was the final cost? They look great.

I ordered the wheels with the bike, they were an extra $600 but definately worth it. I love the way the bike looks with chrome wheels but hate the cleaning that comes with it. Ill ride for 3 hours and spend an hour cleaning em when I get home.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looking closely at the pictures again, when you said the pipe wouldn't sit straight I think I might have solved the mistery. Look closely, see your right hand, I have had this same problem, then I fall down!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts