Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering if you have any suggestions for comfortable clipons for my 07 ZX-6R. I'm getting some severe wrist pain from the angle of the stock bars, so bad I actually prefer to ride my old EX500 instead at this point. While riding there is a lot of strain on the inside of my wrist (in the gripping position) and afterwards a lingering pain at the outside of my wrist. I'm thinking I need to go up and back a little, and level the bars a little more instead of the angle down to the outside.

Thanks!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Stick your knees up high, squeeze the tank with them, and hold your weight up with your legs/stomach/back. This will take some of the weight off your wrists (which is good because it's bad riding to have your weight on your wrists).

It's a sportbike, not a sport-standard, a standard, or a touring bike. It's not really meant to be comfortable.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Contact Heli Bars (http://www.helibars.com), tell them you want a set of Trac Stars made for your bike...I've been encouraging everyone that says this to do the same. Maybe enough of us will convince them.

In the meantime, do what the guy above me said, remember to grip the tank tight with your knees (grip material helps this as the tank is somewhat slippery), keep your shoulders down and your arms bent, this will put your wrists at less of an angle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts