·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

# Vented for minimum turbulence and back pressure
# Available in three heights
# Shape designed to compliment the lines of the Concours
# Excellent coverage of arms and torso.
# Exceptionally quiet cockpit area, with much less noise and turbulence than stock
# No back pressure
# Made from 4.5mm thick (3/16") DOT certified impact resistant plastic.
# Laser cut for precision aerodynamics and fit
# Includes storage cover, micro-fiber cleaning towel, and mini-spray bottle of windshield cleaner.

Complete info at: http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/Concoursprod.html

[email protected]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice lokking work Mark. You must be 1 of the first out of the gate on aftermarket goodies for the C-14.
We here in the frozen North will likely be interested in the XL model once the snow flies!!
ICBM

·
Registered
261 Posts
Mark,

What are we viewing here? The +4.5 or +6?. The design looks awesome. I'm wondering why you trimmed the bottom of the shield into a V away from the body line and have it further away from the fairing at the bottom? I'm sure there is an aerodynamic reason that overrides the asthetic one. Convince me and I'm yours...:rofl

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jerry,

Shown is the +4.5.

The bottom of the shield follows the line of the stock shield, minus the two "fangs." There's a limit to the height of the plastic we can cut; to add in the two teeth on the bottom of the shield we would have had to take plastic off the top. You get your own opinion, of course, but I prefer the looks of the windshield with the sharper bottom lines.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Mark,

Thank you for the really quick reply.. I'm leaving for another trip either today or tomorrow.. I'll call you from the road during your work hours early next week to put in an order and ask a few more questions.

You've got quite a reputation.... I'm sold.

Thanks again,

Jerry

·
Registered
17 Posts
GREAT CUSTOMER service Mark! I received my 4.5+ windshield today (One day sooner than expected). It looks very nice. I will report back when I get it mounted.

·
Registered
104 Posts
GREAT CUSTOMER service Mark! I received my 4.5+ windshield today (One day sooner than expected). It looks very nice. I will report back when I get it mounted.
let us know soon. I'm really keen to know if it cuts down on the noise. How tall are you? I'm thinking of ordering a 'smaller' screen to try and cut sdown the noise. Perhaps I'll need to get both.

·
Registered
17 Posts
let us know soon. I'm really keen to know if it cuts down on the noise. How tall are you? I'm thinking of ordering a 'smaller' screen to try and cut sdown the noise. Perhaps I'll need to get both.
I am 5'11"-6' with a 32" inseam and the + 4.5 is perfect. I just went for a short ride with no helmet and glasses so I could really see how well it works. At 70 MPH it is much quieter and the wind is over my head with the windshield ¾ of the way up. I think if I would have went with the next size up it would have been too big. I am heading out for a ride with my modular helmet. More to follow……..

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got back from 30 + miles with my girlfriend and I can’t say enough good about the Calsci windshield. We both had half helmets on and it was perfect. With the stock windshield, my girlfriend could not hear me at 50 MPH and now we can have a conversation at higher speeds. If it were any quieter, it would not feel like a motorcycle. The only flaw I could find is when I have it all of the way up the cutout at the bottom whistles a little at certain speeds. Regardless of the whistle, I prefer to have it ¾ of the way up for the best line of sight. Mark hit this one right on the head!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just installed the 4.5" on mine and it looks and performs great. Got the bike up to 95 with the shield full up and had no buffeting what so ever, only a nice quiet ride. The bolt holes lined up absolutely perfet. I put all the original mounting hardware back on with the new shield. Thanks Mark

·
Registered
261 Posts
Another extremely happy customer Mark!!!!! Now it looks like a sport-tourer. Amazing perfomance. Funny how a windshield can change a whole Bike's persona. You were right... the +6 full up is just under my line of sight... Temps were below 70 for testing.. I heard no whistle from vent hole at any range of height. Guys... you should hear how quiet the motor really is.. :)

See you on the road,

Jerry

·
Registered
44 Posts
Phoned my order in today for +6 version of the Calsci shield. Thanks for the feedback info that was posted. It helped make nmy decision easy. Mark is very easy to deal with and seems very in touch with his customers requirements.
FYI I have raised my risers by .75 inches. Made and inserted 1 .5inch & 2 .125 inch aluminum plate shims under the existing risers. Installed 13 mm longer bolts and voila! It made a huge differance to me putting more of my considerable weight back on my butt and off my legs and thighs. I perfer the sit up straight position. Works for me , may not be right for others.
Apprx 3 hours time with home shop tools only.

ICBM:evil

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just picked up a C14 yesterday and want a little better wind protection. I'm 6'4" and this bike will be for me and the wife. Do you guys think the 4.5" shield is enough or should I go for the 6"? Thx in advance for any input.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If your inseam is about 32+ inches... I would say the +6 would be good for you... I'm six foot even with only a 30" inseam.. the +6 is perfect for me.. But you can call Mark on the 800 number and he can dial you in... he's very thorough and his customer service rocks!

Hope this helps,

Jerry

·
Registered
62 Posts
Inseam is 34". I'll give him a call before I order one but it does sound like the 6" is the way to go.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey Mark, being a vendor using this forum to sale your products, why not send some of those proceeds to the website owner?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just ordered my +6 shield from Mark. I'll let you guys know when I get it on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
A german owner of the Concours 1400 ordered this Calsci Windscreen and show me picts of it.
Sorry, ... but the quality is very bad. All edges are sharp like a razorblade!
They are simply cut (with a knife?) There are also many waves and marks on the edges. ... It looks cruel!

·
Registered
98 Posts
The Screens are cut by laser , not a knife . The laser cut edges can easly be made smooth by sanding with wet and dry paper , then polish with Novus or similar !

1 - 20 of 71 Posts