Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, new member and new ride as well! Just bought a black 07 zx6r.. Will post some pics when i get it this Tuesday. Thought I would introduce it myself as I will have plenty of questions soon!

Starting off with, what mods would you guys recommend on the 07 zx6r, and how would you break it in? Hard or by manufac's recommendations?

Any input on that is appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome! I recommend you "Ride" and enjoy it!! ;-) About the only thing I'm doing to mine right now is frame sliders for protection against a drop..

There are many many many opinions on break-in. Do some homework and decide what you are familiar with. They all seem logical, and probably have their merits. Bottom line, as long as you are following some process and change that oil timely to get those initial shavings out, you're going down the right path - at least that's my own opinion.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Welcome, like mbonadio said, after the break in go with exhaust, powere comander etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys, thanks for the welcome, awesome place here! I was just wondering, what is the HP/Torque for the 07 6r.. See, i didn't really care for the numbers, i know all these bikes are great, I'm just a diehard Ninja series fan, and the 6r felt the best to me, and the ebony/underseat exhaust was quite nice too...

2 questions, what is the stock HP/Torque, and has anyone done the 5 min ECU mod that lets the 6r match the Euro HP specs...? Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I beleive its about 118bhp and 123bhp with ram air...I just bought one as well and I like it alot it handles incredibly and Im coming from a ninja 250 so the power is plenty more than im used to... good luck wiht it and ride safe

·
Registered
114 Posts
Anyone know when to expect the power commander to be available for the 07 zx6r? I haven't seen any out there online for sale yet...

Welcome, like mbonadio said, after the break in go with exhaust, powere comander etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys, just had my 07 6r delivered today, my god, it is awesome! So much fun to ride and the weather in California is brilliant and is only getting better!
Next mods; Puig black windscreen, and the akrapovic once it comes out!I'd post some pics but it is bone stock right now : )

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yup post up some photos.. the 07' shines nice :). Heres my black 06' to make myself feel important! I also have the Black Puig Double Bubble race screen, frame sliders, fender eliminator, etc. Getting Akrapovic as well at some point.

Hotbodies *Pain in the neck* Hugger

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would go with the full Akro along with a PC3r usb for starters. Then get it dyno tuned. You should be able to see some nice gains. My 05 registered 129whp with ram air.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts