Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking around for a while and finally found one, a REAL zx7r from 94. I have a 94 ZX7 (L model) as well that is loaded with rare parts and I plan on putting some onto the R. Funny thing is the R I just got has a regular zx7 tail on it from the previous owner not knowing how special they were. I'm lucky because my zx7 L has the rare 3 piece R tail. I also plan on taking my PM chicane wheels and switching them over. :mfclap

Trying to upload photos but they're too big..:headscratch

·
Registered
559 Posts
Sounds nice dude! Cant wait for you to get some pics up! Did you try uploading them to photobucket and resizing them?

·
Registered
144 Posts
That is nice a nice clean bike. Just wondering what people mean by their 3 piece tail. Sounds straight forward but is it just the standard 3 piece set up from the 7r with the two long side back pieces and the small center insert? Or is it a different set up.
sorry to jump in with a different question.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 'R' tail had two side pieces and then a little center piece. It also had its own aluminum sub-frame. A lot of people have the aftermarket single piece solo tail and those aren't rare. It is a little funny to see the rear spoiler/hand-grab that the ZX7's came with lol

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
Does anyone know if the Daytona steering stabilizer came stock on the 7R? I'll also be putting the Hindle high mount exhaust on the R.
Kawasaki didn't put steering stabilizers on any version of the 7,7r or 7rr as standard equipment. That exhaust will look cool as hell on you 7r. Congrats on a sweet bike.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gotcha, thanks! Can you do me a favor? Can you post a couple pics of the tail of your M1/M2 so when I get mine painted I know the pattern/design. Is it stickers on top of paint?

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are they still available to purchase? I would really like to get an entire sticker kit for the whole bike for when I have it all repainted.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It does, but the prior owner put the passenger rear on this bike. I bet they didn't know what this bike was. Luckily I have a tail on my regular zx7 that I will be switching over

1 - 20 of 55 Posts