Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Chris. I just recently started riding bikes about 2 months ago and I bought a 97 ZX7R for my first bike. Ive really enjoyed the hell out of it but unfortunately Ive already wrecked it. Im ok tho just a lil road rash and a bruised shoulder. I was coming thru a curve and the back tire got loose on me and I hit a curb. It was definitely a learning experience.
The bikes in pretty decent shape considering. It needs new levers, mirrors, windshield, the upper cowling/mirror mount, and paint. I already had the mount on order cause it was slightly bent which warped the windshield so I was about to replace it too. One of the mirrors was already cracked so it split it in half, so basically most of what was damaged was gonna get replaced soon anyway. I do have to replace the left lower fairing cause it was already cracked and since Im repainting it I might as well replace it.
I just wanted to introduce myself here and hope to find a lot of useful info about these bikes cause I really like mine and plan on keeping it awhile.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate!!!

Sorry to hear about your mishap, and as you say, a good learning experience.!! Just glad you are okay!! keep it safe and when you repaired, post some pic's. Those are lovely bikes!!!

What ypu do for a living???

·
Registered
462 Posts
Welcome man. Crashes help you learn to respect the bike and what it can do. the first 24 hours on a "real" bike I was tearing it up til' I learned that sportbikes have stronger brakes than any dirtbike. Who knew? Anyways, nice ride and I hope you get it back together! Love those 7's!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. I have a couple pics of what she looked like before the acident but I cant figure out how to post em. If someone will let me know Ill be glad to do a before and after.

Dup you asked what I do for a living. Well, Im an A&P mechanic by trade but currently working in a restaurant do to a lack of jobs in my area and I actually make better money inside an air conditioned building. :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im gonna try to post a couple pics here, lets see if they work.
this was when I got it...

and this was after removinmg the decals...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is the color Im gonna repaint it. Im trying to go with a similar theme with the polished/chrome and flat black accents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts