Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2006 636 and its all stock minus mirror deletes. was looking for suggestions on what might be cool things to get. Was obviously looking at the basics like blinkers and exhaust but i dont know much about efi, because i'm switching from a 2001 zx6r of 3 years to this fancy thing.

Was thinking Two bros slip on, typical flush blinkers, maybe a tire hugger, K&N, get mirrors, xenon headlights, integrated rears, and not sure after that. all suggestions and ideas welcome

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I'd start with those. By the time you get all that done there will be more thing on your mind that you want to do.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IS two brothers a good set up? I like it cause it has a good sound and it doesnt look like a cylinder can hangin out under there lol. the Akrapovic and pinebox look decent to but all the youtube videos have no good sound quality so its hard to tell.

Also ik its efi so it should adjust with changes, but just in case...will the bike lean that their is a performance exhaust and K&N or do ya still gotta do something to it?

Also whats a decent powercommander/juicebox set up? Thanks again.

Sorry I dont have a pic up, ZX forums dont like the massive pictures my 3 year old non smart phone takes lol.

·
Registered
888 Posts
if they have racefit growler for your bike, i say do it. thats if money is no biggie.

muzzy and akrapovic are good choices.

i had the shorty 2bros exhaust on my zx6r and it scrapped once on track. replaced it since with a yoshi.

IMO - stay away from jucebox. just go for a power commander or even a bazzaz with TC if there's a setup for your bike - too lazy to help you research this now but i know you'll do it :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not rich but i'm not poor and i'd rather spend a little extra on something quality and nice then regret getting something cheap.

Idk if its just ebay or what but two brothers is almost 3 times the cost of a yoshi, whats up with that?

Note taken on juicebox thank you

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
were you talkin the full system or just the slip on? seen the slip on one at morepoweracing.com for 550 but ebay one is 650

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the Akra slip on with the Power Commander. Works really well make sure to install an aftermarket filter as well. Most of the mods on my 636 were suspension related though once you start doing some track days that is where you want to spend the money suspension and tires.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Alrighty thanks dude. where did you get your Akra?

whats the difference in the pcIII usb and the ex? is it just the lack of buttons for non comupter owners

1 - 9 of 9 Posts