Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup all. I was going to finally make my decision and buy the 07 ninja, but a sales rep told me the new models will be out in 2-3 months. Should i get the new '07 Zx6r or wait 3 months for the '08 model? :runaway

·
Registered
234 Posts
The 08 is going to be identical to the 07. It is likely that there will be a different color or two - maybe the US will get the orange color like they have in Europe, or maybe they'll bring back blue. Other than that, they will be the same.

With that in mind it might be best to wait till the 08s are on the lots and then go and get a great deal on a leftover 07. Just remember that if you wait too long you'll be saying, should I get the 08 or wait for the 09. At some point you have to realize they make continuous improvements and if you ever want to ride you just need to buy one.

At least in FL you don't have to worry about a riding season :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea boi

No doubt, I know that orange is sweet but i dont really know if i can wait 3 more months. It's red or green for me as of now, hopefully ill get a good deal on an 07 and they won't release the orange :lol

·
Registered
275 Posts
is $7500 for a brand new black 2007 a good deal? or could i do better? I was thinking about trying to get them to throw some stuff in jacket or gloves or tank pad or frame sliders or something

·
Registered
234 Posts
is $7500 for a brand new black 2007 a good deal? or could i do better? I was thinking about trying to get them to throw some stuff in jacket or gloves or tank pad or frame sliders or something
Um yeah that's a very nice deal seeing as the MSRP is what, $8799? I paid $9500 out the door with a solo cowl back in April, which was a good deal at the time (all the other dealers in my area were asking between $10.5K and $11.5K).

·
Registered
275 Posts
Um yeah that's a very nice deal seeing as the MSRP is what, $8799? I paid $9500 out the door with a solo cowl back in April, which was a good deal at the time (all the other dealers in my area were asking between $10.5K and $11.5K).
thanks for the info

im looking at getting one this week. A dealer in CT has one of each color left until they get '08s. I saw this thread and thought to myself hmm maybe i should wait if it isnt that great of a deal. I wasnt sure if new models you could even get a discount off the sticker

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I'd ride now while you can, look for the best deal on an 07. I wish I knew what the 08 ZX-6R colors were going to be, as that may be a factor in your decision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts