Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Alright. Just joined the forum now that I purchased a Kawi. Great story how I got the motorcycle too so I thought Id share.

So I sold my r6 last year, great bike, very fast blah blah. Ive been looking every hour of the day for the past 2 months for another bike. Its been on and off trying to find one as I am just a bit late to get one. I wanted a 636 because well, theyre sexy. So I found this specific one, 06 636 12k miles, decently priced for me about 3 hours away. Wanted it so bad called the dude on it asking every question possible on the bike. It was perfect all set. Nice and stock too. I tell him I will come tomorrow to get the bike. The next day, before going into work I thought Id leave him a reminder text about that night. Texts me back telling me he forgot to say he had no title as he just had it registered for himself but had to sell it for family troubles. Was a bit sketchy but nothing I can do. Told him thank you, but I could not do anything without a title. Would not leave me alone thereafter and said he would even hold it for me if I had a set agreement on the price. I said yes. Comes to about a week later guy gets the title in the mail. Lets me know, get out of work at 5. Drive down there and get there around 8:30 ish. So its cold out. But Im prepared. The only downside about the purchases was I would have to ride this thing back as me and my freinds trailer was tied up with them away at college. So only way to get a bike... was to ride it back.... Weather up here in NY is cold for the moment. Im prepared everything layered to the max. Had all my protective gear on top. So its about 35 degrees out. I got on this bike and road it home. I go about 2 hours on the bike straight untill the light comes on for gas and I pulled over to fill up. Got in my car to warm up. Ok so Im ready. Get on for another hour, I feel so sick. I get to my local highways and sorry to say it but I "rushed" home.

So all in all, I rode this thing home in 35 degree, rain, sleet, possibly snow, weather. I was very determined to get this bike. I literally lost feeling in my left thumb and pinky since my gloves had a hole in them there. But I had to do what I had to do to get it. And Im not an idiot on riding, Ive riden bikes for awhile now so i knew how to handle in those conditions.

What I have planned for this thing.
Integrated tail ** Purchased
Euro flush mount ** Purchased
Any Slip on - ASAP
Akra? Full exhaust - Winter 2013
Servo buddy FI light fix - ASAP (Did that stock exhaust mod)
Frame sliders - Purchased
Puig black double buble - Summer 2012
Vortex/Sato rearsets black - ?? ( will paint black for now)
Flame removal - Today..
Corbin seat - Winter 2013
Dunlop Q2 - Fall 2012
Chain & Sprocket -1/+2 - Summer 2012
Powdercoat wheels?? - Lime Green??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Double post - Do the flame stickers on the tank come off or is that cleared over?

and I know that POS astro is in the pic. Its my moms BF's band truck.... ugly

·
11,782 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. And the flames are cleared over...so is the Kawasaki on the tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts