Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn’t know where to put this I’m new to the forums and all but I bought a 06 zx636c about 3 weeks ago and had to replace the ecu and the cdi because the bike was over charging and burnt them up (over charging at 17v at 4K rpm and 13v at idle) where do I need to start at fixing the bike the stator or Rectifier/regulator

·
Registered
480 Posts
I didn’t know where to put this I’m new to the forums and all but I bought a 06 zx636c about 3 weeks ago and had to replace the ecu and the cdi because the bike was over charging and burnt them up (over charging at 17v at 4K rpm and 13v at idle) where do I need to start at fixing the bike the stator or Rectifier/regulator

·
Registered
15 Posts
Get a multimeter and check voltage from both, regulator and stator. There are couple of yt videos teaching u how to chek it. That will show you wich one is bad.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,882 Posts
Get a multimeter and check voltage from both, regulator and stator. There are couple of yt videos teaching u how to chek it. That will show you wich one is bad.
I replace them in pairs. Don't want to do the same job twice!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ha
I had what seems to be the same on my zx9r mine boiled the battery, checked with metre and 17volts going in on tick over, changed the reg/rect and all fine now. What ever the stator is doing its the reg/rectifiers job to regulate the volts so there must be something wrong with that. This is what i was told with my problem. good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ha

I had what seems to be the same on my zx9r mine boiled the battery, checked with metre and 17volts going in on tick over, changed the reg/rect and all fine now. What ever the stator is doing its the reg/rectifiers job to regulate the volts so there must be something wrong with that. This is what i was told with my problem. good luck.
Thanks I got one Arden will be here soon I’ll post if that fixed it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts