Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok quick catch ya up, this past friday my girl went to ride the bike (03 636) and she managed to wipe it out in the gravel driveway. no damage done but minor scrapes but also the filter needed burping afterwards.. got it up and running again and rode it to work just yesterday (54 miles one way) and it rode great. well this morning i went to ride it to work again and the oil light stayed solid. I know it has a different sound when the top end isnt getting oil so i know it wasnt that, actually the engine sounds mostly normal.. now i am lookin for the sending unit switch but i cant locate it.. would anyone happen to know its location? i really need to ride this instead of driving my SUV back and forth so all help is greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
You rode it like that? Man even if I thought that is was getting oil when that light was on, I would sort that out before ever riding it.

I think the oil pressure switch is on the front of the engine at the bottom.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You rode it like that? Man even if I thought that is was getting oil when that light was on, I would sort that out before ever riding it.

I think the oil pressure switch is on the front of the engine at the bottom.
ohh no no no no, lol i rode it to work yesterday (tuesday) and went to ride it to work today (wednesday) when i noticed the light being solid on it wasnt on at all at anytime yesterday as i am constantly checking oil light and temp gauge.. i would never ride it with the light on.. but thnx for the info but i looked there and couldnt see anything.. ill check again.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good, you scared me.

I think you have to remove the fairings to see it.
oh ok awesome thanks again for the info... wouldnt by chance know where i could get a replacement or know of a way to test it would u ?

·
Registered
602 Posts
It should be something like this.

Set a multimeter to the ohms scale. Take one lead from the multimeter and place it on the sensor connector. Take the other lead from the multimeter and ground it out against the engine block. The reading should be zero ohms, or not much more. Have an assistant start the engine while you watch the gauge. The reading should jump to 100 ohms.

The resistance might not be the same.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It should be something like this.

Set a multimeter to the ohms scale. Take one lead from the multimeter and place it on the sensor connector. Take the other lead from the multimeter and ground it out against the engine block. The reading should be zero ohms, or not much more. Have an assistant start the engine while you watch the gauge. The reading should jump to 100 ohms.

The resistance might not be the same.
Ha! so i did what u suggested and didnt have to go that far with it... as i was attempting to remove the wire from the sensor, well it practically fell off!! soo all in all im gonna assume that the fall in the driveway must have jarred it loose? im gonna keep a close eye on it though cuz it saves soooo much money in gas lol!! i really do appreciate ur help tho man cuz i honestly couldnt find that damn sensor for nuthin! i practically had to stand on my head to see the damn thing! once again thnx a million!

·
Registered
602 Posts
man the way gas is, if I had an SUV it would drain my account. I am glad you are back up and running and saving cash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts