Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 2007 zx6r and was wondering if (well since i bought it ) 15 tooth front sprocket is gonna make any difference.. so if anyone has this done or knows if i will see or feel a difference please let me know...

·
Banned
528 Posts
it will increase your rpm's by 1000 rpm from the stock gearing u have now, u have 16-43 gearing now stock, and it will take 10% off your top speed, but who cares, u won't even tell it, but u will tell u reach your speeds alot quicker

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Any time you change your sprocket ratio, you are going to gain/lose something.

By dropping the front sprocket, you will gain torque, but you will lose top end. The same is true for increasing the rear sprocket. Remember that every 1 tooth down in the front is essentially equal to going up 3 in the rear.

The same can be said for the reverse... decreasing rear will increase top speed, but lower your bottom end, or torque.

Remember when you drop that tooth in the front to be careful on the first couple of rides... it may not seem like much, but increased torque will change your launch, and if you're doing wheelies etc it will snap it up quicker than what you are used to.

If you find you lose too much top end (which I doubt from one tooth, and the fact that hardly any of us ride these things to their true potential), you can combat that with power commanders, speedo healers, etc.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i just went -1 in the front and +2 in the rear...its a lot more snappy and i shift thru the gears more frequently! I personally like to ride in high rpms to always have a boost,,, and if i wanna be easy on the highway,6th gear at 65 to 75 mph is running me around 7000 to 8000 rpms.

Popping the clutch to bring up the front is way snappy,,i havent gotten that good at wheelies cause i dont practice enough,but every now and then i pop it up and ride it for a few feet!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
i went down to a 14 in the front and i love the diff in the bike now and i still have plenty of top speed i can still hit 160 + on the bike after i done this my speedo is 4mph to fast now but it was worth the change -1 up +2 or just -2 in the front is a great change for the 07 bikes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts