Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to do something about the OEM license plate mount that has that long plastic piece with the reflector. I will eventually be doing an exhaust with integrated blinkers into the brake light to really clean up the tail, but for now I just need to get rid of that huge plastic eye sore.

What can I buy/make?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just take off the rear seat and unscrew it. I used 2 L pieces from the local hardware store, it cost 2 bucks for the hardware. Then I used an LED bar to light it that cost me 10 bucks. It took me more time finding an LED that I liked than installing everything.

I used the same holes so I didn't do any drilling. I also used some rubber washers so the paint wouldn't get chipped by anything. It looks really good and cost me like 15 bucks, I didn't want to spend a lot, I may spend the saved money on a light modulator

·
Registered
117 Posts
when you remove the fender unit there is a greenish metal bracket that holds the left/right side reflectors in place and has the bunjee hooks on it. I removed the reflectors and then used a vice to bend the reflector tabs around to face the back and bolted the black license plate bar from the fender to that.

you do have to drill to holes in the black license plate bar to mount it to the reflector tabs. I smashed the reflectors to get the threaded studs out of them which I used to fasten the black bar to the tabs. I unplugged the plate light which is a pain. You have to remove the tail fairing. and am running without a light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts