Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Corbins are for long distance riding first and foremost.

I'm not sure they would help you keep from CNS (Crushed Nut Syndrome) acquired when stopping quickly. You're better off with some tank grip pads from TechSpecUSA or StompGrip.

Cheaper would be to make sure you don't detail your seat with conditioner like Vinylex or 303, but instead make sure it stays squeaky clean.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
I bought a Saddlmen seat... and love it! Has a channel that allows your ass..... and balls a bit of room to breath. Made from a swede like leather that keeps you from ball diving into your tank! I went from a sore ass in 2 hours of riding, to wanting to ride all damn day!
http://www.saddlemen.com/en/products/saddlegel-seats/sport-style

Hey, if I can ride on that seat at 50y.o. for 3-4 hours... anyone can! :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 2003 ZX 636 and I also find my junk ends up pressed against the gas tank. I keep having to slide myself towards the back of the seat, and I eventually slide up against the tank again. I assumed that it was due to me being a new rider and not having the right technique yet.
But I just happened to find a used Corbin seat in ebay, and when I checked out the Corbin website I liked the following statement:
"Neutralized seating position helps to reduce the tendency to slide forward in the saddle and to eliminate rider fatigue."
I would like to see what some of the feedback is on this seat and other aftermarket seats as well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
"Neutralized seating position helps to reduce the tendency to slide forward in the saddle and to eliminate rider fatigue." - corbin's website

That's my main selling point as I do about 50 miles a day in traffic, so a lot of stop and go

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone tried both? I've got a 500mi trip coming up on labor day and sure wouldn't mind doing the swap...
Buy it and report back with your findings after the trip. I ride 70 miles round trip to work everyday and have been looking for a new seat and the Corbins had caught my interest but I wasn't going to spend the price for a new seat when I need new tires first.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Buy it and report back with your findings after the trip. I ride 70 miles round trip to work everyday and have been looking for a new seat and the Corbins had caught my interest but I wasn't going to spend the price for a new seat when I need new tires first.
I went with the Saddlemen which are Corbin's competitors. Found a great deal from a forum sponsor.

Saddlemen make 3 versions of the seat. I did research and heard that the "Tech" was comfortable but a little more plushy and retained heat like an oven in the sun. I know from previous experience that more plushy = bad in longer trips. Was told the track was a little more aggressive by the sales guy, and read on a 675 forum that 2/3 trackers preferred the sport version. Sold. Should be using it by next week. I will report back after labor day.

If some has the Corbin, let us know!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Corbin on my 2011. Love it. It looks and feels great. I can ride for hours and my ass/crotch doesn't get numb. The sliding forward is reduced but not completely gone.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a corbin. Ordered it over phone due to them not having lime green leather online. But It looks great and after a long ride my ass does not hurt as much as it did with stock seat.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey, all. I just wanted to follow up on this thread. I found a used Corbin seat in ebay, which supposedly was removed from a 2003 ZX 636 and I scored it for $99 including shipping. It arrived on Monday, and of course that night I installed it and took the bike out for a ride.

It seems to keep me more in the center of the seat, and there is something about it where my thighs seem to have a better contact with the sides of the tank. I really like this new feeling of being connected to the bike.

However, I still have the problem of sliding up into the tank under braking. I don't think it is as bad as with the OEM seat, but if I had spent $300 for this seat then I probably would have been disappointed.

As I have read on this forum, I'm sure putting those side grips on the tank would help to maintain my position in the seat while braking.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey, all. I just wanted to follow up on this thread. I found a used Corbin seat in ebay, which supposedly was removed from a 2003 ZX 636 and I scored it for $99 including shipping. It arrived on Monday, and of course that night I installed it and took the bike out for a ride.

It seems to keep me more in the center of the seat, and there is something about it where my thighs seem to have a better contact with the sides of the tank. I really like this new feeling of being connected to the bike.

However, I still have the problem of sliding up into the tank under braking. I don't think it is as bad as with the OEM seat, but if I had spent $300 for this seat then I probably would have been disappointed.

As I have read on this forum, I'm sure putting those side grips on the tank would help to maintain my position in the seat while braking.
good to know! thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts