Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first bike. And I have only owned it for about two weeks. Well I was riding all last week and no known issues. Well I had to let it sit for a couple of days due to some weather. Well last night on my way to work And on my way home this morning. The bike felt strange to me. It felt as if the Back end was light and it felt very touchy to wind. IT felt like a strong enough wind gust would have sent my arse flying. Could it just be me.:headscratch :loco I was playing around and testing it out at different speeds and doing some sharp cornering and nothing. I checked the rear suspension and it feels stiff checked tire pressure and its fine. Anything else I can check. Or is it just me getting use to the bike. :tard

·
Registered
649 Posts
My bike is setup very well.... but wind changes everything. WIND SUX! It unsettles the bike, blows it around a bit, and gives me that uneasy feeling. Give it some more time as I'm sure you are still getting used to your bike. What year and model are you riding???

·
Registered
498 Posts
winds especially strong/cross winds are bikes number 1 enemy. Eventhough got your setup to perfection but when she comes at you hard... there's no escaping it... just be careful with your surrounding...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My bike is setup very well.... but wind changes everything. WIND SUX! It unsettles the bike, blows it around a bit, and gives me that uneasy feeling. Give it some more time as I'm sure you are still getting used to your bike. What year and model are you riding???
IM riding a 04' zx636

·
Registered
649 Posts
Post up some pix of your bike!!!!!!!!!!

Funny this wind conversation started and now it's super windy out in here in Denver, CO! I'm gonna have to watch my a$$ on the way home. If you go to http://www.sportrider.com they have some suggested suspension settings for makes and models. Keep in mind these are setup for 150-165 lb riders. I actually set my bike up accoreding to the chart and it handles great, way better than the stock settings.

·
Registered
604 Posts
If it's not a flat tire, then it's just the wind... I've have wind blow soo stong from the side that it threw me 3 lanes across in about 5 seconds, going about 60mph, it's not fun....

·
Registered
18 Posts
yeah wind aint good.dont mind the rain but wind bah.dont find the zx6r as bad as my old bike for blowing around though, still been blown out of my lane once.so my guess is just the wind.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Have Some One Lean It Over On Its Kick Stand And Hold It Up .check To See If There Is Any Play In The Swingarm Pivet Bearing ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah wind sucks. Hey Factory I didnt even think of that.:banghead . I had my roomate take it for a ride tonight. He has rode it a couple of times and he has been rding for some time. He said it felt fine. I have to take it to the shop anyway and I will have them look at it. I have a busted seatlock needs fixed was broke when I bought it. Thanks for the help I will let you guys know what the verdict is. Hers a pic sorry for the size and crap quality I took it with my phone.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha no problem about the jack. Thanks And yes Blue is the best. And to update everyone it is in fact just me going nuts. The shop found nothing wrong an I was riding all day and felt nothing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts