Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have zx6r g1 stripped carbs cleaned them set air scews balanced them all good put new plugs in all sparking good only runs on 3 potts under 3grand very lumpy then get over 3grad goes like hell tryed every thing i can think of any ideas ?

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,606 Posts
Which one isn't firing?

·
Registered
4,606 Posts

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
yes switched coils round got new coils leads still the same /?
The only things that are left that would cause a misfire on 1 cylinder is Valve Clearances, the carb, and compression. But you said you stripped the carb and cleaned them. Not likely to be the cause. But, still a possibility. Does the spark plug look wet, fouled, or dry when it is misfiring?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only things that are left that would cause a misfire on 1 cylinder is Valve Clearances, the carb, and compression. But you said you stripped the carb and cleaned them. Not likely to be the cause. But, still a possibility. Does the spark plug look wet, fouled, or dry when it is misfiring?
yeh fixed it took carbs to bits and found blocked jets 🥺 ? had cleaned them twice so all well took it for run great all revs thanks for help wish you well

·
Registered
80,81 GS750L, 81 XS1100, 85 FJ1100, 96 GPZ11 (1200 EFI PROJECT), 03 VT11, 06 VT600, 12 ZX14R, 67 C20
137 Posts
Sometimes when a carb gets plugged up it will actually plug the passages in the carb body itself. Cleaning jets does nothing at that point. I always recommend running them through an ultrasonic cleaner for that reason. And blow through everything with air and fogging oil before reassembly.

The fogging oil is strictly a visual representation of the flow, and in my mind helps coat the bare aluminum to slow/prevent corrosion from cleaning chemicals. (Dont overthink it)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts