Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all. I ride a 2007 ZX6R and I want to do some work on the bike to get a little more power out of it. I heard something about Kawasaki having to cut back on some things on the 2007 model to meet emissions and that there were ways to tweak the bike by doing a little work on it. If anyone could help me out by letting me in on this shit, I would greatly appreciate it!

Sorry....to those who replied to my thread talking about the Jumper Mod, I forgot to say that I already have a Two Brothers Slip-On exhaust. Thanks for your replies though, but is there any other modification that can be done without paying an arm and a leg?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Would you guys still do the jumper mod if you added a full or slip-on exhaust?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looking at it, it seems to me that unhooking the exhaust valve is easier because you don't have to take the damn seat off.

To answer your question: (If I understand all of this right) if you put a slip on exhaust you don't have to do the jumper wire. The jumper wire only deactivates the exhaust valve which is removed when you install the slip on.

The exhaust valve closes at 13,500 (or something) to reduce noise dB to meet US noise level restrictions. Just take the damn cable off and this whole Jumper Mod thread will die, die, die, die, die..........:violent :chainsaw :topicsucks :thumbdown :cussing :rockets :M16 :buzzsaw :deadhorse

Yes, it's hot and humid as hell and I've had a bad day:smile

1 - 8 of 8 Posts