Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with my project bike, and have been having tough luck! Almost makes me wish I didn't take on such a rare model!

What I supposedly have according to the title is a 1989 zx750F Which is a single headlight model with no snorkels on the tank.

Slowly going through it, and I may street-fighter it.. If someone wants plastics, let me know! I can certainly fund more build money!

Anyways I never thought I would have trouble finding a gas tank, slowly working on the bike, rebuilding carbs, new cables etc... found a rusted through tank with a crack that I'm told is unrepairable. I've slugged on and this monster runs, but I need a tank! Yeah, I've searched and it sounds like this is going to be tough.

What I need to do is figure out if there is other compatible years. I have a tank with no snorkel on it, which ebay has only the ones with snorkels. I won a tank off ebay, it came to me, and its not even close so I have to work on a refund for that.. but I still have no tank!!

What other years would work? Any other models? Seems to me I might have a better chance with the tank that doesn't have the snorkel. I just found today an 87 750r, will that fit? Searching on the "other" forums have led me to believe 88-90 were the only years, but I found this forum and it is starting to make me think there's at least an 87 model and perhaps older ones?

Help guys?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Idk about older years than yours, but i know anything newer will not fit your bike.

E: Anything newwer than 91 will not fit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the links, I checked out a few on my phone here, but those all have the snorkels I'm talking about, and my tank does not have them.....

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
558 Posts
Sounds like what you have is an 88 F2, one year filling the gap between the ZXR and the GPx series bikes.

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome finds..I missed the first one, the second I had been waiting to hear from the seller since last week with no reply.....to my dumb luck, someone posted locally on Craigslist, and I'm going to meet him tomorrow! Hope it work out...I'll have spare fairings too now...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Azxrider.. I think I have an 89 f3 after getting a ton of info via pm. I have one oddity...the 750r is placed high on the fairing, not low...and I have a blue color never seen before.....of course there aren't many pictures anyways.. The person I got it from had a slew of bikes, and a spare fairing from the same year with the same markings, but in red.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts