Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I respectfully greet all members of this forum and zx10r owners. I have a problem with my zx10 which I have to fix after a car accident but my problem is that in Romania I can't find the color code anywhere. from what I read it would be red magma. please if anyone can help me with a color code, maybe he has a motorcycle like mine and he knows

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident and hope someone can help. Last month I painted a car bumper with "factory code match" paint and it came out too light. From now on I'm taking a piece of factory painted body to a paint supply for a custom mix.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you ! Yes, i’m fine now. operated on the collarbone. I know that the paint is called pearl magma red but I can't find it here in Romania. someone tried to "build" it but it comes out either too dark or too light. the pearl is very small compared to the original paint of the motorcycle. I'll take a picture to see the difference

·
Premium Member
13,243 Posts
Lots of motorcycle colors are multi-stage-correct primer, base coat and top coat followed by clear. Auto paint stores will attempt to match in one flop, but it's not possible. The link to Color-Rite is your best bet.

I had to order this stock color for this bike from England since the majority of '75 KZ 900 restorers like to use that year's green and this brown is not even available here. It's also a multi-stage paint, although in a complete repaint, primer color is not so critical as it is when matching new to old.

Amazingly, the base coat is a putrid mustard yellow.

I started with gray primer, but I think the factory just painted over the black abs parts with black primer on the tank to achieve this;

This is my result, slightly brighter over gray primer;

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you very much..i understand what you say but the problem is I can't order the paint from anywhere because flammable substances are forbidden and no paint company from abroad, which is my paint, will not send me to Romania. the only possibility is to find out the color code of the motorcycle. if there is a colleague who deals with such a thing I can leave the chassis series of the motorcycle

Lots of motorcycle colors are multi-stage-correct primer, base coat and top coat followed by clear. Auto paint stores will attempt to match in one flop, but it's not possible. The link to Color-Rite is your best bet.

I had to order this stock color for this bike from England since the majority of '75 KZ 900 restorers like to use that year's green and this brown is not even available here. It's also a multi-stage paint, although in a complete repaint, primer color is not so critical as it is when matching new to old.

Amazingly, the base coat is a putrid mustard yellow.

I started with gray primer, but I think the factory just painted over the black abs parts with black primer on the tank to achieve this;

This is my result, slightly brighter over gray primer;

·
Premium Member
13,243 Posts
You missed the point; There is no color code because there are 3 different paints with clear topcoat to achieve factory finish. It cannot be matched with a mix code, one application product. Correct primer, correct basecoat and correct topcoat +clear.

·
Registered
548 Posts
What year is the bike. I’ll try to see if ppg has a mix for it. Not sure if they have ppg in romania

1 - 20 of 22 Posts