Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Start off with a little background on bike. I have owned the bike for two years, laid down once minor minor damage. Bike was fine road it for another season parked bike this past winter I tore down bike completely to polish frame and swingarm. I put a new stainless steel clutch line on bike and rebuilt the master cylinder. Now I also was told from some freinds that this Amois oil is good [email protected]! NOT!!!! I started have problems right after that but I don't know if it is the oil or the master cylinder not maybe returning all the way. I have changed the oil back to the same stuff I have always used Val. 4-stoke oil. The clutch still slips. Does anyone have any suggestions. Before I take the side cover off to look at the clutch. I going to take the master cylinder back off one more time to clean it out again and then vaccum bleed the system and try that any other suggestions let me know thank you.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
If the clutch action was fine before, I would first look at the installation you made. Maybe the slave cylinder do not move freely too since you installed the hose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you I will check both the master cylinder and slave to make sure they are moving freely and free of dirt and oring particles. I will let you know what I find in the next day or so thank you again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a clutch slipping problem after rebuilding the master cylinder. There is a tiny orifice between the master reservoir and the master piston bore. It was glogged with a clear residue.

I would ride for a short time and the clutch would slip. If I cracked open the bleed on the slave, the clutch would not slip for a while. That tiny hole allows the hydraulic pressure to return to static. When it's clogged, the pressure keeps building as you work the lever and the slave slowly disengages the clutch.

Also check the push rod that connects the lever and the master piston. It's easy to re-install backwards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts