Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my 99 zx6r has no numbers to register it because my brother bought a new polised frame before i got it and i was told to find a frame with numbers to use the title on mine well i found a 2004 zx6r that was in a accident and the frame cracked so that persons insurance deemed it a total loss. the engine runs fine and has 8500 miles on the bike but the front tire looks pushed in almost to the radiator but the radiator is fine and does not leak anything. can somebody tell me if i can use that title on my 1999 zx6r.

·
Registered
144 Posts
well, i can tell you this. if that bike was deemed a total loss, then the vin number on the frame is going to have a salvaged title. so that will just make it even harder to register. not impossible, just harder. i rebuilt a salavage titled bike and went right through inspection but i had to trailer the bike there and they looked it all over and made sure everything worked according to law

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
taking it their isnot a problem because i can just put it in the back of my tundra but would i be able to register it with that title or is it to new? anybody?

·
Registered
683 Posts
I "know a guy" who has an old Z1 with a raked front end. The original head tube was sliced off at an angle, the new tube was laid in on that rake angle and welded in. New tube had no numbers. Created a die jig and fixture and got a good set of number and letter punches (is that the right term? sounds wrong to me, but you know what i'm talking about). Clamped the fixture to the head tube. Used square stock cut down to be shorter than the dies to place in the spaces so could do one number/letter at a time. Used a good size hammer, made sure to hit each die with one good swift strike so as not to produce any double strike digits. A few minutes later the the numbers on the title were on the frame. Is this legal? Probably not. But the bike is over 30 years old, nobody looks at that stuff. Besides, it came out looking like a factory job. If you do a good job, you can put the numbers in yourself and nobody will be the wiser.

·
Registered
54 Posts
yes you can register with that they dont want to see the bike unless you have to have it epa tested heta to say this but hardley guys do it all the time when was the last time a cop wanted to see the vin on the bike like never im guessing most wouldnt even know where to look

1 - 5 of 5 Posts